• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    Do people know what you own?
    What about work colleagues versus friends?
    Despite legal ownership do you think there is a stigma for those who do own them?
    Lynx Defense

NinerRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Do people know what you own?
    What about work colleagues versus friends?
    Despite legal ownership do you think there is a stigma for those who do own them?

Friends know but even some of them who aren't in guns think all this NFA stuff is a little weird. F*** um if they don't get it!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo
    Unfortunately, yes. It causes me to have an ammo shortage and a dirty firearms problem. If they don't like it, I don't care. I try to educate the uneducated and I jack with the stupid. You would not believe how many people try to tell me what I do is illegal. The more that NFA is in the eye of the gun public, the better IMHO.

ii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Austin
    Stigma yes. Human's fear what they do not know. In effect what the legislators did in 1934, 1968 and 1986 was make NFA owners in my estimation resemble the qualities of a Renaissance man. Ownership of NFA items will be limited to those whose frontal lobes have developed; and who live their lives not being careless. This cadre of human being is the type to never lose hold of their moral compass. If any of these elements are lost society and the taxpayer will fund the prison stay.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I got some friends at work who want to go shooting, and I am not sure if I want to break out the can. I am a bit worried about perceptions.

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Some of my friends know, not all, my choice. Those who do know also think it's pretty cool, and several have hinted that they would like to go with me "next time."

Vernix

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Once was Mexico.
    Most people really don't have the gun-savy knowledge to understand all the nuances of the laws.
    Silencers are illegal, machine guns knock over cars.....the usual movie nonsense, dontcha' know.
    I just keep quiet mostly.

Close friends who are hunter/owners are happy to share gun info and are eager to be educated and well versed in the issues.
    Heck, I just found out that someone I've known for years has a bunch of NFA stuff. We did not have the mutual ownership knowledge till recently.

I'm quite selective in talking, actually.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Depends on human nature, if they dont know they dont know. But once they do their tone totally changes, sometimes good sometimes lecturing about how its a safety hazard at home blah blah usual stuff.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I'll tell anyone. Get the word out. Most gloss over about the short barrels, since that doesn't sound crazy. I get a lot of "why do you need a silencer?" My response is that it's a safer (less hearing damage, whether or not you wear ear-pro; I do.) and more courteous way to shoot. I don't make a ton of noise for my neighbors to get pissed at, or the ranges' neighbors to file complaints about.

You can see the light turn on when I don't mention James Bond or covert assassinations as reasons for owning cans, and instead talk about health and concern for those around me.

hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo
    I've got a pic of a suppressed rifle on my computer at work. I was facilitating a meeting in a conference room, and the computer went to a screen saver so I had to log back in. As I logged back in, that pic of a suppressed rifle popped up on the projector screen. As quickly as I logged back in to the computer, one of the meeting attendees still saw the suppressed rifle and wanted to know just what flashed across the screen. The conversation went like this.

EHS - "Hey, go back...what was that?"

Me - "It's a rifle with a suppressor. It makes the gunshot quieter, and safe to shoot without foamies or mickeymouse ears. It's a safety device; should be right up your alley."

EHS - Great big smile.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Stigma yes. Human's fear what they do not know. In effect what the legislators did in 1934, 1968 and 1986 was make NFA owners in my estimation resemble the qualities of a Renaissance man. Ownership of NFA items will be limited to those whose frontal lobes have developed; and who live their lives not being careless. This cadre of human being is the type to never lose hold of their moral compass. If any of these elements are lost society and the taxpayer will fund the prison stay.

I knew there was something wrong with me!!!!! Heck with me saving for my girl's education, I'm on my way to buy all the dealer samples I can!!! Anyone have a few HK91's and M16 auto sears for a few hundred grand???????

Top Bottom