• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I believe CZ and Bersa products are two of the least known, and most under rated products on the market.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    WISHING I HAD BOUGHT a SA/DA CZ (Israeli police surplus) when they were CHEAP.

yours, satx

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Here is a little more CZ for everyone from my collection. The CZ-83 in .380 ACP.

The top one is the original cold war era version made in Czechoslovakia sometime in the 80's.

The bottom one is the post cold war version made in the Czech Republic sometime after 1990.

C831 (1).JPG

C831 (2).JPG

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

"A little bird told me" that a "boatload" of CZ82 in 9X18MM (C&R) are coming to the USA soon, i.e., (reportedly) EX-Macedonian Police issue & in MINT condition.
    (MOST European Police agencies do a LOT more carrying of pistols than shooting of handguns.)

ADDENDA: SOME Italian local police agencies authorize their officers to shoot 12 ROUNDS of government ammo PER YEAR for practice, if you can believe that!!

yours, satx

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Love CZs

View attachment 236696

Also have a P-09 in FDE and a CZ Redhead Target O/U

Love the Scorpion SBR.

Nice collection!

The only CZ I currently own is a CZ-82 with a funky after market grip and broken hammer pin that allows the safety to be pushed down further than it should go. Bought it this way and didn't know any different.

The gun still works fine especially for a milsurp Combloc gun. The trigger is outstanding.

Wish I could find ammo for it.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SQLGeek,

This may sound obvious BUT look for NOS factory CZ82 grips on ebay.com = I paid 8.oo per pair for 2 sets, not including sales tax but with free S&H, not long ago.

WHEN/IF the next "load" of military surplus CZ82 pistols comes in, I'm going to buy 2 more. = Another one for me & one for my niece, Tara.

The CZ82, for the small amount of money that the surplus ones usually cost, are HARD TO BEAT for overall QUALITY, SIMPLICITY, TOUGHNESS & ACCURACY.
    (The last one that I bought was 199.oo plus tax & transfer, with an extra magazine.)

Note: The standard government 100 grain military/police load for the CZ82 is about 25% HOTTER than the usual loads for the Makarov.
    (As fond as I am of the Makarov, it is just NOT as strong as the CZ82.)

yours, satx

weslittle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    Trophy Club TX
    Attached is a photo of my current collection of CZ pistols. I added the top right pistol last night. It is my second CZ Shadow 2 Orange pistol. Shadow 2 Orange pistols are every bit as nice as my Stainless Wilson Combat Classic 1911, and cost less. I have acquired all of these since the first of March of this year. Thank you Corona Virus. I have yet to shoot the Shadow 2 Blue pistol. The remaining bunch are very accurate and function perfectly.
    AWESOME! I love CZ's as well, they fit my hand perfectly and are well made and sooooo under rated! CONGRATS

weslittle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    Trophy Club TX
    My first experience with a CZ was at the Ft. Gun Show many years ago. I had gone to the show with two of my friends. As we were leaving we saw a guy near the exit selling his pistols. My friend stopped to look at a CZ 75 P-01 the guy had. I had never heard of a CZ, but once I held it I had to have it. I had not gone to the show to buy anything, so my friend had to bankroll my first CZ purchase.
    The P-01 has rubber grips. The ergonomics of the P-01's frame fit my hand like it was made just for me. Over the years I have owned a number of P-01s. Friends, coworkers, and even guys at the pistol range have decided they want my P-01s too.
    On three occasions guys have left the range to go to an ATM and bring cash back to buy the P-01 I was shooting.
    I get a big kick out of seeing the expression on guy's faces when they first handle a P-01.
    Same here..... I had never heard of them until a friend asked me to shoot his.... I was amazed at how well I shot it. Now I have 4 of them and love them all!!!

weslittle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2017
    Trophy Club TX
    I posted this to show all of those who are not familiar with the CZ pistol lineup. I find them very accurate. Even the polymer framed pistols are accurate and fun to shoot. The heavier pistol like the metal Shadows are heavy pistols. Their weight make them less affected by recoil.
    The top three pistols are expensive to buy. The two Orange models retail for about $1,850 or more. The Blue model for around $1,500.
    The other models are much cheaper. If you look around on the web you can find them priced at under $600.
    I highly recommend them to anyone who is not familiar with the CZ pistols.

I am a 1911 guy by heart. Here is part of my 1911 collection.
    IMPRESSIVE..... Way to go! I love CZ's as well, great guns to own!

LokiMack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Milam county
    Some good looking collections of CZs here. I have an affinity for CZs also; but (un)luckily my bank account prevents the full-blown CZ addiction.
    I currently have a P-01, SP-01 Tac 9 UG, and a P-10C. Working on a Scorpion S1 next.
    The P-01 is a ‘13 model, non-omega, no NSN stamp, and came with a slide that had CZ 75 D COMPACT stamped on it. I purchased it from a GS East of Dallas and had it shipped to my local FFL. I thought I’d gotten the wrong gun in the right case, or a mis-marked case label, but after some research I was able to determine that I did indeed have a P-01. It seems that CZ will at times put the 75 D compact slide on the P-01 frame when their inventory dictates. My only modification has been swapping the OEM grips out for some Cool Hand grips. It’s my EDC when wearing clothing that covers; a Walther PPS 9 covers the other times.
    The SP-01 is stock except for some Cool Hand grips.
    The P-10C is stock and the least shot.

As others have said, the CZs just seem to fit in the hand so well. My P-01 has started a few down the rabbit hole of the CZ world.

Attachments

• 93DFE4D9-FEB9-44AD-8F12-9400990B3AE5.jpeg
      93DFE4D9-FEB9-44AD-8F12-9400990B3AE5.jpeg
      668 KB · Views: 207
    • F22506B3-127E-4759-A154-DCEEF936D5B3.jpeg
      F22506B3-127E-4759-A154-DCEEF936D5B3.jpeg
      762.3 KB · Views: 229
    • 03A71D73-D88D-4B4E-8FD9-1DA25DEAAC99.jpeg
      03A71D73-D88D-4B4E-8FD9-1DA25DEAAC99.jpeg
      578 KB · Views: 170

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    This may sound obvious BUT look for NOS factory CZ82 grips on ebay.com = I paid 8.oo per pair for 2 sets, not including sales tax but with free S&H, not long ago.

Thanks. I haven't thought enough about searching for replacements but at that price I should consider it.

I really would like to replace this hammer pin. I just haven't had the courage to strip this down to it's bare parts.

LokiMack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Milam county
    @LokiMack, that black 75D looks great with those grips!
    @SURVIVOR619 Thank you sir! I am very happy with them.
    It’s actually a P-01 that came from the factory with a 75 D COMPACT slide; same slide that comes on the PCR. All matching numbers on the slide, barrel, and frame. CZ does this on occasion when their inventory requires a substitution; it’s not as rare as I wish it was.

The P-01, PCR, and 75 Compact are all very similar guns in size and capacity. The P-01 is a PCR with a rail on the dust cover; basically.
    The PCR is a 75 Compact with an alloy frame.
    The 75 Compact has a steel frame and weighs a bit more than the other two.

Top Bottom