• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    I'm working on getting one of those Russian, Bulgarian or Czech pistols.
    If you have one, please tell me your impression of it.
    You can buy the new for $209 !

thanks~
    Capitol Armory ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    We have five now between herself and I.

The CZ is by far the best made, most feature loaded, technically advanced and smooth shooting guns.

The Polish and Bulgarians have a hard as heck trigger pull and are definitely not for precise target shooting, LOL.

All of them go bang every time. Ours have found their way into the cars and stay there as backups.

Ammo is easy to find at Academy for $<10 a box for FMJ, hollow points are a bit more.

I think the CZs are the best value out of the group because of their mechanics.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    The ones I'm seeing on the market right now are a few different types of pistols.

The Makarovs, I think only the Bulgarian one is on the market now in any real number. Very simple, you can take it completely apart with just a screwdriver or something.

The Polish pistol looks pretty dang small.

Those two are heel release and single stack so I'd also figure out how much mags cost before I made a commitment. They have decockers so are intended to be carried with the hammer down.

The CZ-82 is double stack, button release like the pistols we're used to. Like Acera said they are a bit more complex than the other ones. They are supposed to be carried cocked and locked and have no decocker. Don't know the reasoning for the Czechs to have DA capability with that mode of carry but a few of their pistols are like that.

CZ is still making a version of the 82 in .380 and .32 called the CZ-83 so spare parts are still being made. I think the .380 CZ-83 mags work with 9mm MAK so new mags aren't a problem either but they aren't the cheapest kind out there.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    thanks...I can't believe I missed it, but 3 days ago, there was a Russian Makarov NIB from the original owner who bought it in 1995..and kept in safe...for ONLY $209~!!!

Damn~!!!@#

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I have a russian ij70, and a cz82. I like the makarov much more than the cz. Yes the cz holds 12 rounds, but is snappy as hell. I enjoy shooting the 9x18 alot, and have carried the makarov in a dom hume s.o.b. I have found that kahr leather holsters works perfect with makarovs. The 9x18 will not consistently knock the dualing targets at the range all of the way to the other side though. I usually shoot brown bear hollow points, and carry them when I carry the makarov. I think $209 was a pretty decent price if it was in good condition.

My makarov
    DSCN1631.jpg

My CZ
    dscn1629.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I had a Bulgarian. I like the gun and the caliber is fine, too. Ballistics are right between the .380 and 9x19 Luger. The price is also right. Don't hesitate...get one!

Flash

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I have a russian ij70, and a cz82. I like the makarov much more than the cz. Yes the cz holds 12 rounds, but is snappy as hell.

Get a wolf spring pack and the snappy goes away. Worked wonders on mine. I ended up using the 16lb one IIRC but even the 14lb one took care of the problem and was easier to rack back. Without the new spring it was a ring like hitting a pipe with a metal bat. You'll thank me. While your at it get some for your other guns as well.

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/CZ/82%20%26%2083/cID1/mID16/dID92

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    14.5, 16 and 18 pounds are sold. The stock springs on most of these guns have been run down to 11lbs and are too soft.

I'd go 16 if I were only buying one spring.

Some may find it too hard to pull back the slide, as I found with my mother. 14.5 was good for her though and still made the gun recoil better. The gun will work with the 18lb spring but even I found it not as easy as I'd like to pull back the slide.

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/CZ/82%20%26%2083/cID1/mID16/dID92

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Kinda, it really just keeps the slide from slamming back as fast and hard as a lighter spring giving more of a push than a jolt. The 11lb ones allow the gun's slide to "bottom out" and send a ring though your hand that is extremely uncomfortable.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I fired my Polish p64 that shoots the Makarov the last weekend. DA trigger is the heaviest I have ever felt by far, the single action is sweet. In spite of the miniature sights and slightly snappy recoil, I shot it very well.

This gun makes my LOVE IT list.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting it soon.
    Speaking of SWEET Triggers...I own a Slovakian made STI GP6...Have you felt That Incredible single action trigger , friend?

Top Bottom