• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I've gotten word that a number of members don't think this site is ran honestly or fairly ... well ... rather than talking behind my back, here's your opportunity to say something about it.
    Lynx Defense

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I dont see nothin wrong with it. Were all adults here. We can all agree to disagree because if we didnt, we wouldnt have anything to talk about.
    So, who's been talkin crap? Send them a virus or something!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Since I know the background of this question and I have jumped on some misguided folk on here and somehow avoided being banned, I will say the mods do a pretty good job.
    I think when you DO suspend someone perhaps an email explanation would go a long way to promote the healing process. Especially for the guys that have been around awhile and usually make some good contributions.
    Just a suggestion...

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Well this is the most lenient forum I have been on. You let us say what we need to say.

Keep up the good work.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Yes, this site is run just fine. I also think that an e-mail to the bannee saying this is why and don't do it again would be good.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I think the process here is extremely fair. From what I've witnessed there are multiple warnings before bans occur on Texas Gun Talk and even then the bans tend to be temporary. By and large the users on this forum aren't here to be disruptive and I think the moderators understand that on this forum to a better degree than can be said of moderators and admins on the majority of forums on the Internet.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Its your site and you pay for the bandwidth. Do what you want. When the messages drop to nothing you can decide to change your mind again. Or not.
    I haven't had any problems. I like ya'll just the way you are. But I lurk more than post

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    As I have stated in the past...your site, your rules, do what you want...All I've asked is apply rules evenly and fairly. if there is an incident that triggers what you feel deserves a ban, look at BOTH parties involved and ban them BOTH. While I've seen people disrupt a thread just to be an ass, the only real issues I've ever seen involved TWO parties, so ban them both, reagardless of who they are. If it was bad enough to cause one person to be banned, then both probably need to go for a while.

By NOT doing that, you allow for someone to be "sniped" at then when they respond you ban them. I've seen that happen twice now, and both times both parites should have "enjoyed a vacation", not just the one out of the pair that is the most out spoken, or that maybe is on your radar already.

And an email giving an explanation would be nice...

This is a great site with a great group of people who, for the most part, respect each other if if they don't always agree...but by trying to say "you called someone out" and then banning them for it kinda makes it hard to have an open and honest discussion if you can't call BS on someone, or disagree at all, because you are seen as "calling them out".

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Group hug! As an administrator on another largely conservative forum with a vocal liberal minority, I have to say I think things run pretty well here. Toes get stepped on, but as long as personal attacks are not permitted, opinions should be freely expressed. The hardest task is preventing newbies from feeling attacked when they run afoul of established, active members.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I think things are fair on here; but if I could make an observation, it appears that the large majority of topics that go astray are non-firearms related.

I for one am here for the great information on shooting in Texas, and it has been a wealth of information for which I am extremely grateful; but I kinda wish it would stay focused on that and other subjects such as religion and politics be discussed elsewhere...

I don't see the necessity to include such topics on this forum, unless they can be directly tied to guns; especially since there are tons of forums out there for those kind of discussions.

Just something to consider. Otherwise, this has been and continues to be one of the best gun forums I have found. I owe TexasRedneck for steering me to it.

Cheers! M2

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I think things are fair on here; but if I could make an observation, it appears that the large majority of topics that go astray are non-firearms related.

I for one am here for the great information on shooting in Texas, and it has been a wealth of information for which I am extremely grateful; but I kinda wish it would stay focused on that and other subjects such as religion and politics be discussed elsewhere...

I don't see the necessity to include such topics on this forum, unless they can be directly tied to guns; especially since there are tons of forums out there for those kind of discussions.

Just something to consider. Otherwise, this has been and continues to be one of the best gun forums I have found. I owe TexasRedneck for steering me to it.

Cheers! M2
    There are also sub-forums on here for politics, religion, news....many of these topics are DIRECTLY related to our 2A rights. I like have a variety of topics to browse on here. If I want to stick with just the firearms topics I stay on those threads... when I want a little more I wander to others. I dont like havening to go to a dozen forums to get chat or get info.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom