• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If you are looking for a guard dog, have you considered a Chihuahua? ;)

1689969172300.png
    Lynx Defense

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Are you only looking for a Doberman?

Why not consider another breed, like a bully breed. Most people are scared just by sight of pitty mixes, I can guarantee no one will even look at the safe when a big square headed dog is staring them down. Additionally, despite all the bad press, Pits are some of the best family dogs (we have 3)

Pits and Pit mixes remind me of and AR15, when every there is a bit or a shooting, if its a bully breed dog or an AR you will hear about it, if its a bolt action rifle or a lab you wont.

I volunteer at Austin Pets Alive and there are some fantastic dogs I work with that really need a home. PM me if you want to meet up there I can introduce you to some cool dogs.
    carefullsome will accuse you of keepinga vicious and aggressive dogs that go around killing childrenthey like to spread lies and mis infomation and falsepropaganda because they don't understand the breed and like tp spout false stereotypes about people that own them!

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    thanks everyone it was a ruff one. He was my bud we had that bond you rarely get. Don;t get me wrong I love all the dogs I have owned errr well maybe not Gurretta but she had a screw loose lol.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Have you tried one of the breed specific rescue organizations? Found one of my GSD through one.

I had an approved application in with them when I got sam in 2014. I have another in with them now. Just waiting on the right dog to show up. and how to get there and back on one charge in the Lightning lol. the thought of a 2 hour stop with my mal and a new dobie to charge the truck may not be fun :)

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So Sams breeder has a 2 year old that was returned to her due to the owners kid involved in a serious auto crash that made them up root and move to a small apartment near the hospital where treatment is being done.

Such a crappy thing to happen to the family.

He is cropped and docked but they did not post his ears so they do not stand :( I was so proud of my boy Sam's ears after all the work involved i n getting them to stand.

I may have another pup does not hurt his name is Max same as my dad

that is not me its the breeders hubbie

max 2.JPG

max 3.JPG

max 1.JPG

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Well SuperMax is now here for better or worse. My Mal went with me to pick him up and as always it was a big toothy snarl errr I mean smile that she gives all dogs she first meets.

I warned the breeder she would do just that but in 10-15 minutes she will be fine. I thought the breeder was going to leave with Max lol.

He is just under 2 years old. Still intact but I made an appointment to snip them for the 25th.

As most good breeders know especially with bigger and stronger dogs its best to not alter them till they hit around 18 months old and all there bones are set <I forget the correct term>

Yes that is the dog bed and yes its covered in Mal hair.
    3 amigos2.jpg

Top Bottom