Capitol Armory ad

Does Anyone Here in Central Texas Area Tan Animal Hides?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    After going through a taxidermist last year for my nilgai hide, I thought I would see if any of y’all in the Central Texas area do this?

I would rather pay a member here to do the work than have my hide shipped to who knows where to be done.
    ARJ Defense ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Bumping this to include anyone within 150 miles of Buda, Tx.

I really would rather spend money with someone on the board here if I can.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Buffalo Bill?

1706732784136.jpeg

I’ve heard he does some nice work I’m not sure if he does animal hides, though…

:laughing:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm sure you realize fur on it a bigger deal when tanning hides. Finding a recipe for brain tanned buckskin will give you an Idea on how much work it really is. Fleshing out the inside then scraping fur on the other is tedious work if not mechanized. Use to be a company that you could send your hides to that did it. Not sure if they even exist still.

My backing rugs from Africa are slowly getting tossed out as the fur eventually releases. That's one reason my zebra is on the wall.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'm sure you realize fur on it a bigger deal when tanning hides. Finding a recipe for brain tanned buckskin will give you an Idea on how much work it really is. Fleshing out the inside then scraping fur on the other is tedious work if not mechanized. Use to be a company that you could send your hides to that did it. Not sure if they even exist still.

My backing rugs from Africa are slowly getting tossed out as the fur eventually releases. That's one reason my zebra is on the wall.
    Oh, I know, otherwise I would do it myself. Just want to make sure none of our members here are skilled in that art before I begrudgingly go back to the taxidermist.

Top Bottom