• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The Santa Cruz and the Ford Maverick look like the perfect truck for someone that doesn't need a truck. I my line of work, I have driven several Mavericks, both gas and hybrid. I haven't driven a Santa Cruz yet. From what I read, the lower trim levels have a non turbo engine and reports say it is weak. But, the Santa Cruz has the Maverick beat on comfort/safety features.

Nearly all of my driving is here in the flatlands. If I want to go on down the road in the left lane or take a trip to the mountains, will I be under powered? I plan on driving a Santa Cruz soon but I'd like to hear from an owner.

The Santa Cruz and the Ford Maverick look like the perfect truck for someone that doesn't need a truck. I my line of work, I have driven several Mavericks, both gas and hybrid. I haven't driven a Santa Cruz yet. From what I read, the lower trim levels have a non turbo engine and reports say it is weak. But, the Santa Cruz has the Maverick beat on comfort/safety features.

Nearly all of my driving is here in the flatlands. If I want to go on down the road in the left lane or take a trip to the mountains, will I be under powered? I plan on driving a Santa Cruz soon but I'd like to hear from an owner.
    It might be worth a few more dollars for a Tacoma.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Ford calls an electric suv a Mustang, while also calling a coupe a Mustang, so .... yea, probably
    Well, it does have kind of Mustang like tail lights, but other than that, the guys that come up with the names, should be put out to the curb.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    My son had one. It drives better than my Ridgeline, and is faster, and handles better. But..., it was in the shop for over a month with transmission issues (recall now) and while in the shop, rats/mice ate some of the insulation on wires, and had to be fixed. Hyundai denied it happened on their watch. Plenty fast and great gas mileage, but be warned, it may have issues (he sold his after one year).

Supposedly the transmission issues are fixed, and if they come out with a hybrid, I may just switch (I loved the way it handled), but the Ridgeline is the better size IMO, but it is not perfect either.
    The wiring harnesses on many new cars are insulated with a soy based product that apparently is pretty tasty to rodents.
    My wifes Tundra fell victum to hungre mice and no, warranty does not cover the repair, but insurance did.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    At one time, Ford Motor Company owned about 1/3 of Mazda. I don't think that is still the case though.
    I think that relationship ended about 10+ years ago. Some Mazdas from the 90s had the faulty Ford auto tranny (CD9 or something similar in name). Owned a 2002 Ford Escape which had shared underpinnings with the Mazda Tribute. I had 2012 Mazda 2 commuter car which was the sister version of the Ford Fiesta which I bought since Ford didn't have a stick. The body/interior was Mazda designed but the underpinnings were Ford and had many FoMoCo stamped parts. Miatas were always Mazda designed.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    At one time, Ford Motor Company owned about 1/3 of Mazda. I don't think that is still the case though.
    Yeah they went back and forth but still do combined efforts.
    Just as all other American manufacturers do. Even Toyota does it they are currently teamed up with BMW at least on one model the Supra.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I was at a mechanic's shop I visit ocasionally who I thought exclusively worked on domestics and was surprised to see a couple Hyundais in there. I asked him when he started working on foreign cars and he said those were the only foriegn cars he works on becuase they are easy to fix, and break often :laughing:

BIL's Hyundai does break often...

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Well, I pulled the trigger and bought the Korean El Camino. Time will tell if I made the right decision. So far, I'm liking it.

SantaCruz.jpg

Top Bottom