Gun Zone Deals

Does anyone own a Taurus Judge and actually like it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I found it!
    FB_IMG_1594605315949.jpg

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The 4” Judge has a pattern that will break all the skeet targets on station1, 7 and 8. I will admit that 1 and 7 doubles are a bear.
    It’ll also break the station 2 and 6 incomers.
    Well 1 and 7 are the easiest stations in skeet anyways. 8 is just about being quick.

A wide pattern makes skeet easy. You want to not even have to try? Get an SBS or shockwave.

That said a .410 from a handgun is one hell of a handicap

single stack

Well-Known
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    A too wide - blown out pattern will not be advantageous on a skeet field with a .410. There just isn’t enough payload.
    I’m not a great skeet shooter but I held on to NSSA Class A in .410 for ten years.
    You would have to be Wayne Mays to hit many skeet targets with a shockwave, even in 12 gauge. It’s the belly gun of the shotgun world.
    Have you actually tried it? What was your score?

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    A too wide - blown out pattern will not be advantageous on a skeet field with a .410. There just isn’t enough payload.
    I’m not a great skeet shooter but I held on to NSSA Class A in .410 for ten years.
    You would have to be Wayne Mays to hit many skeet targets with a shockwave, even in 12 gauge. It’s the belly gun of the shotgun world.
    Have you actually tried it? What was your score?

20-22. I only did like 4 rounds with my shockwave. I had no trouble staying at 23 with a 20" 590a1. I should add my shockwave had a pistol brace at the time.

Skeet is easy if you know how to game it. A long barrel and tight choke makes it harder

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have a friend like that too. He keeps it in his boat, just in case.
    I probable shot it more than he has. I only shot 410 shells thru it. It kicks pretty hard but believe I could kill a snake at close range.
    If you are close enough to actually kill a snake with it, you are close enough to get bitten by that snake. Taking one step backwards and whacking it with a stick is more effective and safer.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    20-22. I only did like 4 rounds with my shockwave. I had no trouble staying at 23 with a 20" 590a1. I should add my shockwave had a pistol brace at the time.

Skeet is easy if you know how to game it. A long barrel and tight choke makes it harder
    I've only fired my shockwave a few times. Most of the ranges I've shot at, wouldn't allow it

10-96inTexas

Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I have owned two. The first was the bobbed hammer model which was a pain in the ass to do anything with. I wanted to give the Judge a chance so I sold that one and bought another and I hated it almost as much. I have several .357 revolvers and I can load snake shot in them if I want to and have a much better revolver than the Judge. Just my opinion.

Top Bottom