• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    The difference between pot and alcohol is this.

I can have A beer because I like the taste. I have no intention of getting drunk.

When someone smokes dope they have fully intend to get high.
    Yeah, I generally avoid guessing peoples' intent.

They could just want relief from symptoms...
    Or they could just want to get high.
    Even if they want to get high, that is their prerogative.
    Judge not, lest ye be judged

Or as my father would put it: the right to the pursuit of happiness includes going to hell by the road YOU choose.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I love when people critique jokes on the internet and act like they’re the authority on what is and isn’t funny.

You must be fun at parties.
    Parties that are on the internet?

I'm much funnier in person... maybe you are, too.

I'm allowed to state what I think isn't funny, you (and literally everyone else) are allowed to disagree with me, welcome to the USA... and the 1st amendment, YAY!

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma

I can have A beer because I like the taste. I have no intention of getting drunk.

Actually there are varying levels of High as there are varying levels of the effect of alcohol. Many factors. Being high is not necessarily equal to being drunk or waisted. It’s just not that simple. When I drink a beer I do enjoy the taste, I am not drunk, but I also enjoy the relaxing effect the alcohol in the beer has on me. Kind of like the effect Caffeine has on most of us when we have that cup of coffee in the morning. Gets me going. I feel that effect. Just because one is high doesn’t mean they are waisted. I think that is one of the many misconceptions. Anyway it’s like many things, getting high isn’t for everyone. I get that. I can confess when I did get high i could flat tear up a bag of Doritos and an ice cold coke a cola! The munchie do happen

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    How so? What are the issues you experience? Just curious....
    I believe he meant because he is a supervisor, and his employees might partake.

But I am just guessing.
    Yep Cam. Nailed it.

I don't do any drugs and hardly drink. I don't like not being clear headed.

My help went nuts with it. They got stupid, lazy, and were constantly broke. It was bad.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    For some of the older fellers here; mind you I once smoked pot but didn't inhale....

The guys that lived through the 60's. I assume you were in your 20's. Your folks may have been from the 1910 - 1920 era. What was your parents / grandparents view on the hippy stoner class of that time.

For reference, I am 37, mom is late 50's, her parents were born 1910 and 1914. Grandma has been gone for 20 years now. I only vaguely remember grandpa, been 25 years now. I never knew my great grandparents. They came stateside in 1910 hard times in a log cabin in northern minnesota.

For the weed issue, I was fully willing to grow up and let it be in the past for my gun hobby and job requirements. Maybe some day I will dabble to see of it fixes the aches and pains of 20 years in the auto business. I have a sore back, neck and knees due to many years standing on concrete, lifting heavy shit while bending and twisting and probably not taking the best care of myself. I hate taking even an advil, who knows what's actually in there and the opioid business is at the heart of the gateway drug hallway. Pills are the devil's doorway....

Either way, I have avoided this thread for a couple days but as a hobby student of generational history, I would love to hear your parents, parents ideas on this topic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I don't think the government should have to protect people from themselves.

While I do agree with this the problem is that it’s only half the solution. If you do something stupid I don’t want to have to pay your medical expenses, pay you to live on disability, etc. and I don’t want the government regulating other things caused by initial problems. This doesn’t just apply to pot, anywhere they can “protect” you from yourself they should not be involved.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    You can't fix stupid. Somewhere along the line, someone decided this world should be idiot friendly. Can't be done. Goes against nature. Why foster the undersirable tendencies that natural selection should and would take care of? So, they can breed more stupid people? IDK.....I don't get it.

Ummmmm.....TV commercial: "Don't take Zelsan if you are alergic to it....." Ummmm....well, yeah????

Nothing is ever MY fault!!! Lost is the responsibility of your own actions and the consequences that result. The world is not foolproof and never will be.

A friend of mine lost a friend of his riding his bicycle. On an access road at night. The area was not prone to have a lot of traffic. Did he have enough reflective gear to be easily seen? IDK. Was he following the law? Most definitely. He was traveling with the flow of traffic.

Sooo, now, we get into woulda coulda shoulda. It was a hit and run. Conclusion: Drunk driver. ( My conclusion, anyway .) So, following that assumption, what went wrong? The government had already made DWI illegal. Maybe lower the ridiculously low BAC some more?

Nobody kills anyone at .08 that they wouldn't at .00. The guy was probably .20. Point being, he was breaking the law, big time. The law didn't help, did it?

But for all the people that think pot should be legal, I can kinda see, but at least with alcohol, it's easy to spot and test, and I fear that legalization will just promote more abuse of the law.

Maybe we should test variance from sobriety and give alcoholics a certain limit they can drive legally, marijuana users a level they can use at work and drive.....
    Actually, I just realized I should edit and finish this a bit....marijuana is not known to be equal in impairment to alcohol when firing guns or operating vehicles. Especially in certain individuals.

Moderate alcohol consumption shouldn't be a problem either, but, that again depends on the individual. Neither drug affects everyone the same, and tolerance and usuage affects the effects. You're not safe with Johhny cold stone sober around, either, don't kid yourself.

I actually own a BAC device. Use it occasionally just for grins. The first thing a cop asks: " When was your last drink?" Guy thinks it's better to say an hour ago, when he really just finished a beer 5 minutes ago. You'll blow a much higher BAC in 5 minutes than you will 15 minutes to 1/2 hour later. The meter is measuring residual alcohol in your mouth, not your lungs, where the test becomes more accurate.

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

I don't smoke, but have in the past. I also only drink around twice a year as I posted earlier in this thread. Your post only applies to your experience not everyone else. When I drink I fully intend to be buzzed because that's exactly what happens when I do. After just one beer. My mother smoked while she was dieing of cancer. She had no intentions of getting high. Her intentions were to take the nausea away long enough for her to eat. Why do so many people think that if you smoke that it is abuse just for a high and that drinking is not? It makes no sense at all. Moderation is the key again. People can not smoke enitre blunts and just take a few hits. Same with drinking. People can not drink an entire 12 pack and just have 1 beer. Maybe you can't, but a lot of people can.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For some of the older fellers here; mind you I once smoked pot but didn't inhale....

The guys that lived through the 60's. I assume you were in your 20's. Your folks may have been from the 1910 - 1920 era. What was your parents / grandparents view on the hippy stoner class of that time.

For reference, I am 37, mom is late 50's, her parents were born 1910 and 1914. Grandma has been gone for 20 years now. I only vaguely remember grandpa, been 25 years now. I never knew my great grandparents. They came stateside in 1910 hard times in a log cabin in northern minnesota.

For the weed issue, I was fully willing to grow up and let it be in the past for my gun hobby and job requirements. Maybe some day I will dabble to see of it fixes the aches and pains of 20 years in the auto business. I have a sore back, neck and knees due to many years standing on concrete, lifting heavy shit while bending and twisting and probably not taking the best care of myself. I hate taking even an advil, who knows what's actually in there and the opioid business is at the heart of the gateway drug hallway. Pills are the devil's doorway....

Either way, I have avoided this thread for a couple days but as a hobby student of generational history, I would love to hear your parents, parents ideas on this topic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Good post and point. I wonder what the consensus was before MJ was demonized. I don't know anyone born around 1900.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    You can't fix stupid. Somewhere along the line, someone decided this world should be idiot friendly. Can't be done. Goes against nature. Why foster the undersirable tendencies that natural selection should and would take care of? So, they can breed more stupid people? IDK.....I don't get it.

Ummmmm.....TV commercial: "Don't take Zelsan if you are alergic to it....." Ummmm....well, yeah????

Nothing is ever MY fault!!! Lost is the responsibility of your own actions and the consequences that result. The world is not foolproof and never will be.

A friend of mine lost a friend of his riding his bicycle. On an access road at night. The area was not prone to have a lot of traffic. Did he have enough reflective gear to be easily seen? IDK. Was he following the law? Most definitely. He was traveling with the flow of traffic.

Sooo, now, we get into woulda coulda shoulda. It was a hit and run. Conclusion: Drunk driver. ( My conclusion, anyway .) So, following that assumption, what went wrong? The government had already made DWI illegal. Maybe lower the ridiculously low BAC some more?

Nobody kills anyone at .08 that they wouldn't at .00. The guy was probably .20. Point being, he was breaking the law, big time. The law didn't help, did it?

But for all the people that think pot should be legal, I can kinda see, but at least with alcohol, it's easy to spot and test, and I fear that legalization will just promote more abuse of the law.

Maybe we should test variance from sobriety and give alcoholics a certain limit they can drive legally, marijuana users a level they can use at work and drive.....
    Actually, I just realized I should edit and finish this a bit....marijuana is not known to be equal in impairment to alcohol when firing guns or operating vehicles. Especially in certain individuals.

Moderate alcohol consumption shouldn't be a problem either, but, that again depends on the individual. Neither drug affects everyone the same, and tolerance and usuage affects the effects. You're not safe with Johhny cold stone sober around, either, don't kid yourself.

I actually own a BAC device. Use it occasionally just for grins. The first thing a cop asks: " When was your last drink?" Guy thinks it's better to say an hour ago, when he really just finished a beer 5 minutes ago. You'll blow a much higher BAC in 5 minutes than you will 15 minutes to 1/2 hour later. The meter is measuring residual alcohol in your mouth, not your lungs, where the test becomes more accurate.
    The cop will observe his test subject for a minimum of 15 minutes prior to taking the breath sample to assure there's no interference from residual (mouth) alcohol. The beer from an hour ago will have dissipate. The beer from 5 minutes ago won't be measured in the sample.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The difference is... The alcoholic runs the stop sign. A pot head waits for it to turn green.

Top Bottom