• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Our puppers are getting big - they'll be 5 months old next week and boy have they grown - they were both under 10lbs when we got them, one was around 7 lb the other was IIRC around 9 or so? Now one is a bit over 25 lb, the other is probably over 40 (haven't weighed him in a bit, but he's uncomfortably heavy to pack around now) - its funny how both dogs, from the same litter, with the same parents (keeping in mind dogs can get knocked up by different dads simultaneously) expressed dominant genes - the boy looks 100% lab, while the girl looks mostly heeler - and their size differences are pretty drastic at this point.

They've had mood swings, and have their moments of being toddlerish trouble makers (a lot of those moments...)

This morning the boy is being super needy and lovey. He sat at my feet whining and whimpering and nuzzling me until I let him up onto my lap. Damn 40lb lap dog!

hOZiHTI.jpg

They're both tall enough to get into more trouble now too - tall enough to get up on the table and counters with their heads & paws. Nothing not up in the cabinets is safe from the wrath of curious doggos.

9zQcHsB.jpg

My wife picked out the girl, while I picked out the boy, and for a time they stuck with each of us respectively, but about two months ago they had a phase they went thru and basically flipped who their humans are, he attached hard to mama, while she became a daddy's girl. Weird, but whatever. Both will play with our son, but they're very much attached to the wife & I more than anyone, at least until my little brother comes to visit. He's a natural animal lover and loved by all animals. Both dogs my dad has were gotten austensibly for my little sister - but both dogs attached *hard* to my brother, to the point that when he goes off to Bryan for college after coming home to visit on weekends, the dogs mope! When my bro comes over, both our dogs are drawn to him like iron to a magnet. We may as well not exist.

7BhI12z.jpg

WIiQeRe.jpg

ga94iHl.jpg

Little turds are far from done growing. The dad (a yellow lab) weighs in about 75-77lbs according to his owners. The mama was a bit over 50lb. We're anticipating that our puppers will likely wind up the size of their parents or close to it. My dad's male dog though, was bigger than his papa (his dog is a mix of Australian Shepard and Fox Hound) - coming in over 80lbs. I hope our boy doesn't think he's still a lap dog when he gets that big!

Lets see your doggos and hear some of their stories.
    DK Firearms

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Good looking dogs.

Bear was my best friend and a gift from god. Rest his soul. Picture was taken when we moved to Texas. He got one hell of a last road trip. Lived to 12 years. Cancer took him. He was always good with guests and very good with children. My best friend.
    1F25B6F6-428F-4D0F-A62F-DA3777C5799A.jpeg

Then our current family companion. Marshall. Him and my son have bonded. I pray for the intruder that tries to take or hurt my son. He will latch on and he’s fast. Half gsd and husky.

35FB419E-3230-4F75-8D90-D86722D69726.jpeg

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Good looking dogs.

Bear was my best friend and a gift from god. Rest his soul. Picture was taken when we moved to Texas. He got one hell of a last road trip. Lived to 12 years. Cancer took him. He was always good with guests and very good with children. My best friend.
    View attachment 242649

Then our current family companion. Marshall. Him and my son have bonded. I pray for the intruder that tries to take or hurt my son. He will latch on and he’s fast. Half gsd and husky.

View attachment 242653

Bear looks like he's also half GSD / half husky (or similar arctic breed) - both good looking dogs! My wife would go gaga. She loves bears, and she loves husky dogs.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I have an Australian Shepherd. He was supposed to be a "Standard" size, and then he started growing, and growing, and growing. Instead of the breed std. 45 -60 lbs, he ended up at 85 pounds. He's going on 13 now and other than slowing down some, is as good a a dog gets! He absolutely LOVES everyone! Just don't try to get near his pickup truck. It's the only thing he guards, viciously! This is him with his summer hair cut!

20190918_111917.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Bear looks like he's also half GSD / half husky (or similar arctic breed) - both good looking dogs! My wife would go gaga. She loves bears, and she loves husky dogs.
    Bear was full gsd. What happens from time to time is a fluke that gives puppies long hair. Long hair gsd dogs, black gsd dogs, are not as common as the black back and tan dogs people think of but it happens. Look up the gsd history with Czech shepherd, king, and Shiloh. Really the typical black back and tan gsd’s are not ground zero for gsd genetics. I have also noticed temperament being better with a long hair.

Marshall on the other hand seems to have taken most of the gsd physical traits but more husky in mindset. He does some weird shit that husky owners say is normal.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I got a story for you. Marshall is very thick...he’s also a farm dog. he twisted up his leg probably on some fencing. Full recovery. Got hit by a car. Full recovery. During hunting season some guys accidentally run him over with the atv. Full recovery.

my prediction is Biden will bring the apocalypse on us and guess who will be the only creature still alive? Marshall.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Back in October I took the boy to the vet for a bath & nails job. He also had a hematoma on his tight ear. She decided he needed steroids & antibiotics, because of allergies. Ever since then he started leaking & pee in his sleep. So now he walking around wearing a diaper.

I bought washables because the disposable are crazier priced. At night I'm up every 2 hours trying to wake him up to go out. Changing out his diaper when he goes out sucks. Its really depressing, as if he has lost his dignity.

The good thing is he a good boy & is already use to getting changed. Not giving him water starting around 7:00 pm has him crying all night for a drink.

Hopefully I find a new country vet instead of some liberal crazy crat vet who just can't believe he's not neutered.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Back when I had bird dogs:

Lady pointing a Chinese ringneck and Shy (Baron von Shiesen) backing her up
    Photos&Scans 405.jpg

My bitchin rescued Bichon, Chloe... gone 7yrs ago. I never had a more loving dog.
    100_0260.jpg

My current lil rescued friend, minipoo, Heidi: (old pic, she's 11 now)
    100_2614.JPG

Lil dogs are subject to a lot of digestive problems. And I just spent another $650 on her, after spending $250 two weeks ago, and $400 several other times. Good thing she's cute.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have an Australian Shepherd. He was supposed to be a "Standard" size, and then he started growing, and growing, and growing. Instead of the breed std. 45 -60 lbs, he ended up at 85 pounds. He's going on 13 now and other than slowing down some, is as good a a dog gets! He absolutely LOVES everyone! Just don't try to get near his pickup truck. It's the only thing he guards, viciously! This is him with his summer hair cut!

View attachment 242667
    I use to give both of the Aussies I have owned hair cuts. Mr Bill occasionally got lion cuts leaving a mane. He was the best dog I ever had.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Back when I had bird dogs:

Lady pointing a Chinese ringneck and Shy (Baron von Shiesen) backing her up
    View attachment 242685

My bitchin rescued Bichon, Chloe... gone 7yrs ago. I never had a more loving dog.
    View attachment 242686
    Rookie numbers.
    Our choc lab boy got clobbered by a FedEx truck. Lost a back leg and had to do months of physical therapy.
    $5,000.
    He is the smartest dog I have ever known.
    Worth every penny.

My current lil rescued friend, minipoo, Heidi: (old pic, she's 11 now)
    View attachment 242690

Lil dogs are subject to a lot of digestive problems. And I just spent another $650 on her, after spending $250 two weeks ago, and $400 several other times. Good thing she's cute.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I talked with the wife's nephew earlier Talk about lucky! He just adopted a 2 year old Belgian Malinois that was deemed not worth continued training because she's to excitable.

She was being trained for room clearing, but was jumping the gun or should I say the flash bangs. He was saying that she serpinines though his legs as they walk. When stop she watches his back all this while off lease.

It all started 6 months ago when he applied, during the last 2 interviews he had all the contributing factor to own one trained to this level. I'll add the picture later on from my phone.
    thumbnail.jpeg

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The other night Renfield is watching something on the floor in the bedroom. He's keeping his distance, but won't break eye contact with it.

I get & see it's a small red scorpion. It behind the night stand so theres no killing it. Later on he back at it watch it, thistle I crush it underneath my slipper. Te next morning while making Obama dolls I notice it gone.

The only thing I can imagine is Renfield ate it. I flattened it good, enough to hear it crunch under slipper. I heard crats kill them regularly, no clue if they eat tremor not?

Top Bottom