Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    They came for the bump stock and I did not care
    they came for the binary triggers and I did not care

then it was some other accessory its ok we dont need that

Then it was Semi Auto's but I only use bolt guns so thats not to bad.

When they came for my bolt action I found that no one was left to care.

Then the 1st Amendment came under attack to bad i did not support the 2nd as thats all we had.

c.read

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    New Braunfels
    If they want to raise the adult age to 21 to stop 18 year olds from buying guns, then that is fine. Because then the 18, 19, and 20 year old liberals don't get to vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Is there a 2A org suing to block this? The NRA obviously isn't...
    Could only find this statement from GOA:
    “Gun Owners of America will seek out other pro-gun organizations to join us challenging this illegal executive action in court. And we predict that an honest, constitutional and legal analysis by the courts will result in this regulation being struck down.”

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I agree with Renegade but there's a piece of truth in what Ole Cowboy has said.

Yeah, bump stocks are junk. I have one and I'll be the first to admit that they're fun but useless and I wouldn't care if they were banned.

I do care if they are banned and we get nothing in return.

Someone on here recently posted something along the lines of "We could give them bump stocks if they'd give us the Hughes amendment." I could go along with that.

Of course, I'd start by requiring the Hughes amendment, de-control of short barrelled long guns, the Hearing Protection Act, national reciprocity, and opening the registry for another amnesty before the last of our WWII verterans dies and their family finds that bring-back hidden in the attic.

I'd settle for less than that but that would be my starting posture.

Unfortunately, there was no one saying "No!" on the national stage and demanding negotiations. That was the job of the NRA and they totally screwed us.
    You are right, there is NO outcry by the gun folks, 65 Million of us over BumStocks, I wonder why not...DUH!

Trade Bumstocks for WHAT, you got nothing to trade, the folks who don't want them are the folks in the middle the 3rd rail and all they know is what the fake media has told them...no one would have died if it had not been for bumstocks...now try and educate 40+ million folks who in fact do NOT even know what it is, other than its bad.

Age 21 to buy a gun: Ya think that will fly? It won't. What that means is that from age 17-21 they cannot be in the military, can't have a gun!!! The best the left can get out of this is that the Feds will kick it back to the states and let the states decide upon age restrictions.

As for the rest of the BS and you game of trading this for that, sorry folks, you don't have it, when they came you did not stop them and you are not going to do a damn thing now. How many of you contacted the NRA? How many wrote a check, called your Congressman or did anything other than post here trying to blame someone else because that are taking your BS away?

Sure they are chiseling away, but my line is the sand is clear and I am willing to go full Alamo over it, they are NOT touching my guns and I have the 2nd Amend to stand on, RKBA shall not be infringed, simple, note it does not say RKBS.

Till you draw the line, a line that can be defended you have not stood up and I don't see a lot of folks standing.

Me, not here to play games and I already know that when the time comes it will be a handful of us and I mean a handful as the rest stand in line to turn their guns over and get that coupon for a free chicken sandwich at Golden Chick.

My family came over in the 1700's for 2 reasons: 1) Freedom of religion and 2) right to self defense and gun ownership. I was given my first gun at age 5 by father and grandfather who preached the 2nd Amendment till the day they died, I share a direct lineage to the Texas Old Three Hundred (Great, Great, Great, Grandfather). I have no living family, no kids, no grandkids. In '67 I was prepared to die with a gun in my hands in defense of enemies both foreign and domestic and that check has not been cashed yet.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Trade Bumstocks for WHAT, you got nothing to trade, ...
    Uh, I must have been unclear.

I don't want to trade anything. However, I'm advocating that the anti-2A folks should trade something to us if they want to kill off bumpstocks.
    As for the rest of the BS and you game of trading this for that, sorry folks, you don't have it, when they came you did not stop them and you are not going to do a damn thing now. How many of you contacted the NRA? How many wrote a check, called your Congressman or did anything other than post here trying to blame someone else because that are taking your BS away?
    I've done all those things in the past. I did them in the run-up to this change in the way the DOJ is saying that "single actuation" should be re-defined.

It didn't work. Our point man dropped the ball. That ship, most likely, has sailed.

However, there's still hope. I'll be supporting the people who take this to court
    Till you draw the line, a line that can be defended you have not stood up and I don't see a lot of folks standing.
    The line has long since been drawn for us. It was mostly drawn in 1934 and 1968, with more drawing of the line in 1986 and later.

What I'm proposing is that we push the line back towards more freedom. I'm not philosophically opposed to giving an inch on a minor issue like bumpstocks if we could gain major ground in other areas, such as I listed previously.

The problem I see is that our nominated negotiators aren't negotiating; they're appeasing.

That never works.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Renegade, that's not logically the same as trying to prevent an object from being defined as a machinegun when it isn't even a gun and has been NOT defined as a machinegun specifically by the ATF at least twice in the past. So, yeah, I'd bet on NoLo having a decent chance on this prospective suit.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renegade, that's not logically the same as trying to prevent an object from being defined as a machinegun when it isn't even a gun and has been NOT defined as a machinegun specifically by the ATF at least twice in the past. So, yeah, I'd bet on NoLo having a decent chance on this prospective suit.

I think he is same guy who lost the F1 Machine Gun case too. Basically he has lost every Federal Case he has tried. Not sure why anyone who think he is suddenly going to start winning.

Now if you want winners on your side, then try Halbrook or Gupta.

BTW, silencers are NOT guns either, yet they are NFA too.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I think he is same guy who lost the F1 Machine Gun case too. Basically he has lost every Federal Case he has tried. Not sure why anyone who think he is suddenly going to start winning.

Now if you want winners on your side, then try Halbrook or Gupta.

BTW, silencers are NOT guns either, yet they are NFA too.
    Yeah, there's no doubt Halbrook and Gupta are fantastic, and there are others as well; however, NoLo is a young-ish advocate and a firebrand. He still has some seasoning to do, but he'll get there. We need more folks like him and less folks with cold feet with respect to our 2A rights.

c.read

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    New Braunfels
    Age 21 to buy a gun: Ya think that will fly? It won't. What that means is that from age 17-21 they cannot be in the military, can't have a gun!!! The best the left can get out of this is that the Feds will kick it back to the states and let the states decide upon age restrictions.

Actually it will fly because as you pointed out 17 year olds can join the military but can not own a rifle. People between 17-20 can not buy a pistol or the ammo but can be military police and given a pistol. The military is immune from most laws. They are allowed to discriminate on age, gender, weight, disability, you name it. Look up Feres doctrine they can't even be sued for medical malpractice.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Actually it will fly because as you pointed out 17 year olds can join the military but can not own a rifle. People between 17-20 can not buy a pistol or the ammo but can be military police and given a pistol. The military is immune from most laws. They are allowed to discriminate on age, gender, weight, disability, you name it. Look up Feres doctrine they can't even be sued for medical malpractice.

Adding-

Gun age is 21 for all firearms, except rifles and shotguns. NRA tried to lower it to 18 and lost. So raising it is an easy win for the gun-grabbers.

c.read

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    New Braunfels
    But it would stop a lot of gun grabbers from voting. Thus preventing gun grabbing politicians from getting elected. But don't let them change gun ownership age make them change the age to become an adult to 21, making people be 21 to vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom