• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Man what a clusterfuck. I am beyond heated at this point. The second time I have taken the truck there for service and the second time it has ended up a cluster. Took the truck in for the 10000 mile service, wanted the transmission fluid checked and any TSBs completed. I also wanted the rear squeak coming from the leaf springs on both side checked and my door sill protector that was peeling at 5000 miles and never got fixed.

Dude told me it would take all day, that's fine, had the wife come pick me up. 14:00 rolls around and no updates or calls from anyone. 14:45 I call and get told their service department is closed for the day on Saturdays. WTF!!!! So here I am, with one car that my wife needs on Monday and I have to take it from her to go to work. No updates, no offer of a loaner, and when I call the receptionist she doesn't give a shit and the general manager wasn't even there. Is it so damn hard for a person to do their fawking job these days?

They will be reimbursing me for being down a vehicle and possibly having to get a rental on my dime and their manager will be hearing about it one way or another. I'm going to let Toyota HQ know too, this is the second time I have had to deal with the inadequacies of their service department.
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Did you tell the service adviser you were picking the vehicle up today? Did the service adviser mark that time down on the service order?

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    My daughter works at Round Rock Toyota, have you tried them? I know I'm biased, but they've really done a good job for us. They've got a fantastic service dept. But it may be inconvenient for you though.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not sure about Toyota, but when the Chevrolet dealer gave us the run around and didn't get anything done called the corporate office and had a loaner car the next day.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Round Rock is actually where I bought the truck but its about 35 minutes away instead of 13 minutes. Bottom line, if you know it isn't going to be done, you need to notify the damn owner regardless of the circumstances. A loaner should have been provided the minute he thought it would take all day because at that point it could go beyond, especially when you close at 14:00. I mean come the hell on. By the time I call toyota HQ, the truck will probably be done so other than complaining and letting them know, it's a bit too late to demand a loaner.

All I wanted was basic service, check the transmission fluid since its a sealed system and I don't feel like dealing with that, replace the door sill or fix it, and check into the squeak on my back end. they had well over 4 hours to get that done and at some point someone should have notified the service manager or attendee what is currently going on. In turn, they would then let the customer know.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I had an appointment for two weeks. It's not the fact that they had to keep it for the day it's the fact that they didn't bother to let me know and update me on the status of things. Also, an oil change, transmission check, door sil protector fix doesn't take anymore than an hour. The squeaks could have taken more, who knows.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Appointments are apparently meaningless anymore. I have experienced your situation almost perfectly with Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Appointments are apparently meaningless anymore.
    Yep.

I went to Tomball Ford for an A/C problem. I made an appointment for the first slot of the day. I was the first to arrive. The employees inside clearly saw me pull up well before opening time. By opening time, there were 20 other cars in line behind me.

Precisely at opening time, the service writers flooded out of the doors and wrote up every single car in line except me! After all the other cars had been removed one of the kids doing porter duty asked me if I'd been helped then fetched a service writer. He wrote it up and then told me there was no way anyone could look at it until afternoon because there were so many cars in line ahead of me!

The four-hour job went over to the next day and I had to pay for a rental car. That was the first and last time I'll ever go to Tomball Ford.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    The other thing that pissed me off is when I showed up I was the second in line, not a huge deal. The guy asked me the reason for the truck being brought in. I told him and then let him know this had already been discussed and I also entered it on their online form as well. So it took three times before they even know why I was there. What the .... yeah.

I had the same experience too, there was a minivan that needed a new battery behind me. Dude went back there, hooked up his booster and drove the minivan into the garage. 15 minutes later my truck gets the plastic over the seats and all that then gets parked in the parking lot next to the garage. Again what the flying.....

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    The VW dealership my wife uses in Georgetown has been nothing but fantastic. The Chevy dealership there where I bought my corvette was nothing but fantastic. The sales department, from experience, is usually where the problems are, not the service department. I usually don't even take my vehicle to the dealer but being a brand new vehicle, I'd be dumb to not use the every 5000 miles service that is free. I'll be taking it back to round rock next time, service department there looked like it was in order.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Picked it up today after two days of sitting there and they still couldn't figure it out. Lied to me telling me they can't just call a Toyota engineer by filing a case and proceeded to still not offer me a loaner vehicle so that they could keep the truck to fix it. At that point, with the uncaring attitude of the service desk guy, the lack of ability of the mechanics, the lies I picked up my truck today. I kept telling them I need a vehicle for work and he just said "I can understand that". Um...what about the damn loaner car that Toyota warranties to a customer in the event you can't fix it? Wasn't even offered and I wasn't about to ask since I was already fired up and don't want those people touching my truck anymore.

Scheduled for Round Rock next weekend, on my birthday no less. They told me they would get me a loaner if they couldn't figure it out and would update me daily or if something significant was found. Just like a customer service desk should. I called Toyota HQ, lodged a complaint against Don Ringler's inept service department as well as let them know of the issue that I need resolved. She didn't seem surprised, and seeing how many people are experiencing the same thing on the Tacoma forums, I'm not sure why there isn't a TSB out for it yet. She also told me the service desk guy either wasn't knowledgeable on loaners or simply lied to me...

The truck itself is fantastic, but at 10000 miles, come on man. Where is the QA? At least I got a case number and can follow this to the end. Sucks to have to drive 40 minutes to Round Rock but at least I know it will either get fixed or I will be compensated for my trucks downtime. Ticker is already at 2 days, I'm keeping track of everything and all paperwork.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I called Toyota HQ, lodged a complaint against Don Ringler's inept service department as well as let them know of the issue that I need resolved.
    Toyota actually takes stuff like this pretty seriously. You should get a survey for every time you take it to them. Be sure to fill it out. Their dealer rebates and bonuses are effected by the surveys. If you're not getting surveys from them, call corporate and tell them that because that stealership is trying to hide their bad service. If they get enough complaints they will lose their franchise.

You're dealing with car dealerships.
    You expect competence, integrity, or even average service?
    If so, you're are an optimist.
    That's what happens when you have a cartel...

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    We will see. I noticed my damn door protector seal wasn't replaced. I've asked once at 5000 and once at 10000. I even pointed it out. What does information go in one ear and out the other?

Top Bottom