• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maryland Attorney General Upholds Right to Video Traffic Stops

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]While driving an unmarked car in plain clothes, Maryland State Trooper Joseph David Uhler cut off Graber as he brought his motorcycle to a stop. Uhler then jumped out of his car, gun drawn, commanding, "Get off the motorcycle" before identifying himself.[/FONT]
    Damn! If the Maryland troopers draw down on just speeders, what the Hell do they do when confronted with an armed perp????? :eek:

I think this is just as pertinent to this case as the fact of the public recording of police traffic stops.
    Capitol Armory ad

accumack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Bastrop, TX
    I'm glad I moved from there 5 years ago they've always over reacted to speeding and recording. You cannot record someone without their permission in most cases.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Maryland Attorney General Upholds Right to Video Traffic Stops

Damn! If the Maryland troopers draw down on just speeders, what the Hell do they do when confronted with an armed perp????? :eek:

I think this is just as pertinent to this case as the fact of the public recording of police traffic stops.

Since we have no idea if the motorcyclists tried to flee, or did anything other than speed, speculation at this point is useless. Of course, I mean other than having another reason to complain about cops.

accumack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Bastrop, TX
    Yes Maryland. they used to setup radar using a fiberglass maibox along rural roads with a remote readout, and use unmarked sportscars to try to entice people to speed on US 95. maryland has some of the most strict motor vehicle laws. When I moved to Texas we had to send our Maryland license plates back by registered mail within 30 days or have our drivers licenses suspended and a hefty fine. They use motor vehicles as a revenue stream.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Since we have no idea if the motorcyclists tried to flee, or did anything other than speed, speculation at this point is useless. Of course, I mean other than having another reason to complain about cops.

The video is on youtube. The rider was acting like an ass, speeding, doing a few wheelies, pretty usual squid stuff. Rider exited the freeway came up to stopped traffic waiting on a light. By this time the rider was stopped, feet on the ground when officer friendly arrived on the scene. Becuase we riders are so dangerous and vicious it was necassary for the poor officer to draw his weapon to keep control of the situation, protect himself and the innocent.

Anyway, in public you have no right to privacy. If you are on the street I can video you all day long. How do you think stores are allowed to have video cameras the record the side walk and street outside their property? I espcially think that police officers while engaged in their official duties in public are very fair game and should be recorded by everybody. 99.999% of the time the officer is doing exactly what should be done (actually I think sometimes the officer ought to be applying a liberal dose of taser to the perps nards but that is for another day). But for that .001% of the time the video record is critical in making sure a bad police officer stops being a bad police office and can try out a new career making french fries at Wendy's.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!

The video is on youtube. The rider was acting like an ass, speeding, doing a few wheelies, pretty usual squid stuff. Rider exited the freeway came up to stopped traffic waiting on a light. By this time the rider was stopped, feet on the ground when officer friendly arrived on the scene. Becuase we riders are so dangerous and vicious it was necassary for the poor officer to draw his weapon to keep control of the situation, protect himself and the innocent.

Anyway, in public you have no right to privacy. If you are on the street I can video you all day long. How do you think stores are allowed to have video cameras the record the side walk and street outside their property? I espcially think that police officers while engaged in their official duties in public are very fair game and should be recorded by everybody. 99.999% of the time the officer is doing exactly what should be done (actually I think sometimes the officer ought to be applying a liberal dose of taser to the perps nards but that is for another day). But for that .001% of the time the video record is critical in making sure a bad police officer stops being a bad police office and can try out a new career making french fries at Wendy's.

FROM THE ARTICLE: Graber had been stopped for speeding on Interstate 95. While driving an unmarked car in plain clothes, Maryland State Trooper Joseph David Uhler cut off Graber as he brought his motorcycle to a stop. Uhler then jumped out of his car, gun drawn, commanding, "Get off the motorcycle" before identifying himself. Graber had a camera on his helmet that recorded the entire incident, which he later posted on YouTube (view video). The sight of Uhler wielding his weapon in public over a traffic infraction drew a storm of criticism. Uhler responded by ordering his colleagues to raid Graber's residence and confiscate all of his computer equipment as evidence of wiretapping. By filing charges that could send Graber to prison for sixteen years, the state police wanted to send a clear message to anyone who might consider documenting police misconduct in the future.

Man, that sounds like GREAT police work to me....did just what ANY good cop should do, go after ANYONE who disagrees with you...or catches you doing something WRONG!!!

Now Tweek, better watch it or YOU will be the next member of the forum as labeled "anti-cop"

Oh, and here is the full video. The guy was acting the fool on the bike, but he was NOT running from the cops. And since there was a MARKED unit behind him, why did this super-cop need to draw down on him without IMMEDIATELY identifying himself. Hell, someone gets out of a car with a gun and I'm on a bike, I'm going to start backing up and looking to run, too!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom