ARJ Defense ad

Don't think your guns can be Confiscated? Watch this video 3 blocks from former home.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Imagine legally owning firearms, and doing no crime. Imagine someone doens't like you and reports you, ie burlary that never happened. Imagine you are gone and come home and find 300 guns missing. Imagine the police and city don't want you n the neighborhood with guns. Imagine then they condemn your home to rid you from the neighborhood along with your gun. Imagine then never getting your legal firearms back. Imagine yoru 4th amendment violated. Yes it happens and this was three blocks from my home in Illinois where I moved from last year. If you don't believe gun owners are under attack just look around you. I have seen guys arrested because they bought a home and found several bullets (less then a box) in the home. They called the police to have them removed (man had a charge in the past and had that felony on record) the police arrest him for having ammuntion without a FOID card in Illinois. Yes it does go on in many states. I just wanted this up so you can see I don't have a tinfoil hat it does happen.

YouTube - ‪NEWS: Rockford Illinois: 300 guns seized from crime VICTIM‬‏

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Re: Don't think your guns can be Confiscated? Watch this video 3 blocks from former h

300 guns missing?

Shit, son. That's why you wire your gun safe with a claymore mine. That's like Gunology 101.

Illinois violated Constitutional rights? This has never happened before. I am shocked. SHOCKED!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Re: Don't think your guns can be Confiscated? Watch this video 3 blocks from former h

What are the chances all those guns were returned to the owner?

Only a guess: Zero.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

In case you guys hadn't noticed, this is Texas.

And I don't believe that aperson was arrested when he bought a new house and found ammo from the previous owner.

Good Grief.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

Bunch of issues here:

1) House was broken into and resident couldn't be contacted\was out of town.
    2) Police find unsecured guns in a "hoarders" home that is a safety concern and condemn the place.
    3) Bad neighborhood.

Alternative would be to leave them there unattended so the bad guys who broke in the first time could come back and take the rest of the guns?

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub

dear-god-make-it-stop.jpg

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

OMG!!!!! THEY TOOK HIS GUNS !!!! oh, this is interesting.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/yourtown/x353255886/Burglary-suspect-may-be-trapped-in-weapons-house
    Sep 03, 2010

ROCKFORD — Police interrupted a burglary in progress about 9 p.m. Thursday and trapped who they believe are two suspects in the same house where they uncovered a large cache of weapons last month.

Gun Hoarder Arrested for Grenade Possession
    Aug 24, 2010

WINNEBAGO COUNTY (WIFR) -- The owner of the guns, 67 year old David Barber, turned himself in at the public safety building this afternoon. But the reason was not his massive hoard of guns.

Two weeks ago, police recovered more than 300 guns from Barber's house on the 1800 block of Auburn in Rockford.

Tuesday, just two blocks from Shirland school, police have found dozens more, along with boxes of ammunition. They also searched another property on Halsted in Rockford.

During their search two weeks ago, Rockford detectives discovered a military grenade round in Barber's home. The did so while removing guns from the property due to calls about a burglary.

Because of this, the Winnebago County State's Attorneys office authorized a search of Barber's garage in Shirland, as well as a warrant for his arrest.

"Possessing this specific grenade is illegal. It's from the military, and it can be very dangerous. It is a public safety concern, possessing this illegal military grenade, certainly puts the public at risk," said Deputy Chief Greg Lindmark.

The grenade round was turned over to the US Army. And right now investigators are working with the army to make sure none of Barber's weapons are stolen or illegal. The grenade round was turned over to the US Army. And right now investigators are working with the army to make sure none of barber's weapons are stolen or illegal.

Police tell us Barber does have a valid FOID card, and there is no limit to how many guns he can legally own. Barber has been charged with unlawful use of a weapon, and is in the Winnebago County Jail tonight.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas

Well it's true, I will see if I can find the story, this too happened in Rockford, Il about 2 miles from where I lived. Guy bought a house, found 1/2 box of 9mm since he was a felon he called the police to have them removed In Illinois you have to have a FOID card. Firearms owners Id card. This allows you to buy ammo, though Walmart there asks you if it is for a pistol or rifle and records it. You have to have it to own a gun and buy ammo. You wait 24 hours to buy a long gun and 72 hours to buy a handgun.
    In case you guys hadn't noticed, this is Texas.

And I don't believe that aperson was arrested when he bought a new house and found ammo from the previous owner.

Good Grief.

Fred B.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas

I am guessin' with them keeping such a tight rein on ammo & guns that Illinois is so peaceful that few cops are even needed.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas

08/25/2010 Code
    Image_BlueArrow.gif
    CONVERSION
    *Judge
    Image_BlueArrow.gif
    Pumilia, Gary *Text
    Image_BlueArrow.gif
    Bond Type Cash 10% Deposit Bond
    Bail: 1,000.00 Bond: 10,000.00
    Defendant's Attorney Sreenan & Cain
    No Hearing Rm:
    Clerk: ADJ

He was released on $1000 bond. No final status, you have to understand wheels of courts in Illinois only work as fast as the payoffs to the judges. Imagine 140 trips to court over 6 years just for a minor custodial issue. Oh I forgot and $40k lighter, anyway here is some additonal info. Illinois police have no idea what a practice grenade is they are to busy pushing Chicago's agenda of only people that should have guns is criminals.

Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 8:42:40 AM by marktwain

ROCKFORD (WREX) - Rockford police say the more than 300 weapons found inside an Auburn Street home nearly two weeks ago was just the beginning. Officers seized hundreds more today in connection with that investigation and now have the guns' owner in custody.
    Prosecutors today charged David L. Barber, 67, with unlawful use of weapons. That's after police found an illegal military grenade round among the items confiscated back on August 11.Barber turned himself in this afternoon, but it's possible he could find himself in even more trouble.
    The investigation into hundreds of rifles, shotguns, and handguns stashed at 1817 Auburn led Rockford police to two storage facilities. Officers and Winnebago County Sheriff's deputies carried out the searches today, one at 8141 North St. in Shirland. Police found more than 300 guns along with ammunition. The second location, 3804 Halsted Rd. in Rockford. Officers seized less than a hundred weapons as evidence.
    "It's currently being inventoried and the serial numbers run for the possibility of these weapons being stolen," says Dep. Chief Greg Lindmark.
    Police will also check whether Barber can legally own the different types of ammunition he had.
    "It's believed that he purchased them through different trades and different shows throughout the country."
    Barber has a valid firearms owner identification card, but the charge is based on this specific military explosive. At both locations today, police found a lot of other stuff stashed with weapons, just like they did a couple weeks ago. The collection then included pots, pans, and newspapers.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas

I forgot to mention Rockford made the list of 10 most unsafe cities in the US. Very anti gun, only criminals can have them. That's why when I left town I bolted my stash in the attic hidden behind false walls. Gunfire daily, bodies dumped in yards, Average of 4-5 bank robberys every month, Jesse Jackson loves to come to town an stir things up. In two buildings in the backround of the video there has been 3 murders in the last 3 years. This is a typical family neighborhood, mixed but good people inudated with criminals. You want more fun on your tobe look up Hood Ryders on youtube. They are a gang what literally run the police off the roads driving 4 abreast and nothings done. Glad to have moved, it was a dream.

mkburden

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    HUNT COUNTY TEXAS

I cant believe I never heard of this, from 2010? If no charges were filed did he get his weapons back? Makes me wonder why such avid gun enthusiasts live in that rat hole? I would really like to see the "inventory" list... be good reading material.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas

Unemployment is running probably 22% but since it's a sanctuary city it just gets worse. The guys in the video says he doesn't like those guns there but I suspect he probably is carrying in the picture. I have seen kids run down the street carrying 45's. Gangs, drug deals, body dropped 2 blocks away, and thats not inculiding the three that died within to buildings in the backround. Tons of forceclosures, paid 90 for mine in 2005, a divorce forced me into town. Couldn't get 49 for at after up for sale two years. When the wife got a job offer here, well we packed up and left.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio

Lesson here: Dnt live in Illinois.
    And don't leave your house with 300 firearms stored without safes and decide to live in another house. That's kinda asking for Thugalicious and friends to come take them.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409

Add to all that, the Miscreant in Chief ordered His DOJ to review the process to clear back-ground checks for gun sales (Read: Close supposed Gun-show loophole between private parties, and to find ways of restricting the sale of ammunition).

You never read this in the MSM, nor did you hear it on TV or the radio.

Results of this process are to be released in a few weeks as an "Executive Order" which by-passes the Congress entirely.

Write or call your U.S. Congress Critters ASAP to over-ride this anti-gun action by the Commander-In-Thief.

Be well.

Top Bottom