• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    One behind had enough time to get him. Staged demonstration is staged. His "volunteers" were part of the act. Knew that when the first one in the red shirt knew to roll with the joint manipulations, especially when he rolled over. At that speed, someone who doesn't know how to be pushed, pulled and rolled around is going to get hurt badly. That's why those techniques work in real life. Instead of flipping a guy over onto the ground without any real physical harm, they'll tear the tendons and ligaments out of his wrist and elbow, just wreck his arm.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    One behind had enough time to get him. Staged demonstration is staged. His "volunteers" were part of the act. Knew that when the first one in the red shirt knew to roll with the joint manipulations, especially when he rolled over. At that speed, someone who doesn't know how to be pushed, pulled and rolled around is going to get hurt badly. That's why those techniques work in real life. Instead of flipping a guy over onto the ground without any real physical harm, they'll tear the tendons and ligaments out of his wrist and elbow, just wreck his arm.

I agree with you that Red Shirt sure seemed to flip easily. Wish I could get my 5'6" Size 2 wife to spin like that at Cowboys Dancehall. Now I know the secret: judo chopping.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Eh....after a few years of doing Aikido even the newbies roll with the pain....uless you WANT to rip someone's arm apart, they'll flip before it breaks.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Reminds me of those BS Aikido demonstrations Steven Seagal used to do. The fancy shit always looks good when someone isn't actually trying to murder you.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX

+1.... sounds like you know from experience...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom