• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Freedom Arms list of companies is like a who's who list of big names.

Advanced Armament Corporation
    Barnes Bullets
    Bushmaster Firearms International
    Dakota Arms
    DPMS Panther Arms
    H & R Firearms
    Marlin
    Mountain Khakis
    Para USA[4]
    Parker Gunmakers
    Remington Arms
    Remington Military
    Remington LE
    Remington PMPD

Tapatalk sent it.
    Capitol Armory ad

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    ive yet to find a walmart in dfw that sells rifles. all the ones near me barely have ammo

I don't know what Wal-Mart you are going to but the only one that has been light on ammo since I have lived here for the last 2 years is the Wal-Mart on Trinity Mills in Carrollton, all the others always have plenty of the normal stuff in stock. Try the Addison location, or if you are brave enough the Farmers Branch Location, both have always had more than I cared to buy...

In fact, I was in a Wal-Mart in McKinney or Allen when we were looking to move here in May of 10' and they had so much ammo I bought a case of 9mm WWB and drove it home with me on the ride back...

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    This walmart is in mesquite off 80 and belt line. I have noticed that on texasguntrader that people have the colt seen in the pic for sale ate over the new price. What a joke

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Wow, I had no idea that Walmart still sold long guns until I clicked this thread. I don't think they've done that around here since the 90s.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The small town Walmarts sell long guns, but none sell handguns. I have seen good prices at Hillsboro, Fredericksburg, east Texas.

They use their weight to
    Pressure suppliers on those too. Seen a Beretta AL 390 for $525. But it had a cheap trigger, non-checkered stock, and other corners cut. Compared to $700 I paid for mine.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I was surprised to see AAC is owned by them, I thought they were a independent company. I've heard mixed reviews about freedom group, but I have yet to experience anything negative.
    They (well, Remington) bought Marlin and most of the Marlin enthusiasts are unhappy they let the old-timers go and moved the manufacturing. Most are also unhappy with the quality now and refer to the new guns as "Remlins" (Remington/Marlin).

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    I don't know what Wal-Mart you are going to but the only one that has been light on ammo since I have lived here for the last 2 years is the Wal-Mart on Trinity Mills in Carrollton, all the others always have plenty of the normal stuff in stock. Try the Addison location, or if you are brave enough the Farmers Branch Location, both have always had more than I cared to buy...

In fact, I was in a Wal-Mart in McKinney or Allen when we were looking to move here in May of 10' and they had so much ammo I bought a case of 9mm WWB and drove it home with me on the ride back...

its really hit or miss in the northern sector of dfw .. the one on trinity mills is useless they never have anything, the rest sometimes have 9mm and 45 and sometimes dont. Few months ago I stopped by the walmart near frys in irving since i was at frys anyway and they had tons of everything was surprised

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I would get a psa over the wal mart dpms. If you read the specs on palmettos website, they are identical to bcm. I know it is not as quality as bcm, but for under $700 i believe it would be a fun range toy.

They say they have the same specs as BCM but Paul has posted copies of the certs for testing and for materials. So far the fine people at PSA have declined to do so.

I have had my hands on 7 PSA rifles and not one was 100% put together correctly. Everything from lose/over torqued bbl nutts to incorrect parts used (carbine gas tube on a mid length gun) to parts completely missing, (one shipped with no fire control group). Know ARs the PSA may be a good gun but I would expect to have to take it completely apart and put it back together.

As far as the DPMS, if you are the kind of guy that when you need a tool you go to harbor freight and buy the cheapest thing you can find then by all means get a DPMS. Maybe this makes scenes to you since it will sit in the safe and get shot 2-3 times a year. If you want something you can take to a class or really learn how to run these guns then I would get something a little better. Buy once cry once

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    ive yet to find a walmart in dfw that sells rifles. all the ones near me barely have ammo
    Denton and Hickory Creek both have ARs. Denton is usually better on Ammo prices, have not compared AR prices.
    WWB 9mm FMJ $21 for 100 rounds, Remington HP 9mm 9mm 100 rounds $25

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Carter's Country ad this week........although it is a .223.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Cabelas run $20 cheaper on the sport model, and I think that's the first time I've seen them beat anyone on a firearms price that wasn't on sale.

thunderstruck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    La Grange area
    As far as the DPMS, if you are the kind of guy that when you need a tool you go to harbor freight and buy the cheapest thing you can find then by all means get a DPMS. Maybe this makes scenes to you since it will sit in the safe and get shot 2-3 times a year. If you want something you can take to a class or really learn how to run these guns then I would get something a little better. Buy once cry once

:banghead: FTR, my LR-308 has been taken out about every other weekend for the past year and hasn't given me trouble yet.

Top Bottom