Dr. Seuss is now Racist

Axxe55

Just me and the dog.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
I think about this topic a lot. It seems like we’ve given everyone a voice and means to share their thoughts. This forum is a great example of that. I know this is heretic but I will defend freedom of speech above all else. However, we are simultaneously giving more freedom to speak your mind and silenced those that don’t agree with us. By us, I mean society as a whole not this community. Everything is problematic to some extent nowadays and it’s okay if someone feels that way. The problem is the media and corporations are running with it to pander to the masses. This leads to crazy cancel culture. I used to ignore people I don’t agree with but I would never wish them into the corn field...
Nothing heretic about defending the right to free speech. Nothing in the 1st Amendment says we are free from being offended by what other people have to say.

Just as anyone has the freedom to express an opinion, the same street goes two ways, in that I have to freedom to express an opposing opinion.

no2gates

Supereme IT Overlord
TGT Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
Grand Prairie, TX
What's next? Are they going to change the name of Oreos?? Chocolate Milk?
Brown Sugar?

This shit is going way too far. Get over it people. Humans come in all sizes, colors and flavors. I don't care what color someone is, or who they sleep with.

billtool

Well-Known
Nov 16, 2008
The Wooldlands
Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in the market down in New Orleans
Skydog slaver knows he's doin' all right
Hear him whip the women just around midnight
Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good
Brown Sugar, just like a young girl should

ScorpionHunter

Aug 22, 2012
Driftwood
There’s a copy of my favorite, “On Beyond Zebra” for sale on Amazon for $1,500 plus shipping. I should have been buying books instead of AR mags.

But it took me a while to figure out why it’s racist. I think it’s the Nazzim of Bazzim. Having read that book at least 1,000 times, now I know why I hate ISIS. Dr Suess was brainwashing me.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge

:roflfunny:

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
Jan 20, 2021
Cypress, TX
I have a first edition stored somewhere. Never even thought about race when I was 4 years old. Thought what a brave, smart little boy. Later on in life ....

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads