• ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    People are idiots.

The statistic is that in 60% of fatal accidents at work, one or more involved were under the influence.

I've seen several occasions where some accident happened and the guy involved quit (or in one case just walked away from the plant) because he couldn't pass the urine test.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    People are idiots.

The statistic is that in 60% of fatal accidents at work, one or more involved were under the influence.

I've seen several occasions where some accident happened and the guy involved quit (or in one case just walked away from the plant) because he couldn't pass the urine test.
    If you really want to see some bums haul butt, just go to a drilling rig when they pop a random.. You'll hear crickets in a matter of seconds.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Holy crap..............I was partying with those guys on my break from the ER. I guess I left before the news crew showed up.

They sure ran like cockroaches when the kitchen light comes on.

Craig

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    this isnt funny but... when i lived in michigan this was quite common in every big auto plant up there. alot of times state troopers and city police would sit outside plants and pull people over and find lots of people drunk or high. many times, when they got busted inside the parking lot by narcotics officers, they would go to jail but then the union reps would show up and post bail for them.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    They just showede this on Fox 26. chrysler has responded, the people identified have been suspended w/o pay pending investigation results.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So they found 5 guys that did this out of how many at the factory that don't?

Having worked in Michigan factories... this is way more common than a small group of guys.

Way more.

One that I worked at, our employer would send us off to blood drives on company time. A bunch of the guys would go out drinking that night because it was so much easier to get wasted when you're a pint low.

And I never even worked at a union shop. I did know some UAW assembly line workers, though. You would have trouble believing some of the shit that goes on. Did you notice how slow that assembly line was moving? The company does an audit of how fast each employee can do their job to determine line speed. Employees know it's coming, so they sit down with a stopwatch and slow their pace during the audit so that during normal production, they'll have plenty of free time.

megafatcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    They spent a WEEK 'investigating' to announce that some factory workers drink at lunch? But no-one can investigate the BS at city hall, or the street drug markets or any other real issue. How about an investigation of how many of their bosses drank at lunch?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Ballmer peak can be applied to anything. They were just trying to increase their productivity is all...

ballmer_peak.png

Top Bottom