Lynx Defense

Driving down for new years, any gun/pawn shops worth checking out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr_Nimslow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Hello to the San Antonio crowd. We are driving down from Fort Worth for new years. Staying at the Menger with the kids, but I am wondering if there are any decent gun shops, or pawn shops that have a good gun selection worth stopping at? A good surplus store would be a bonus for the man child (not this one, the 12 year old)..

I get down your way for work pretty regularly, but we always stay out at the airport, or on the river, so I'm not real familiar with the rest of the SAT area.
    ARJ Defense ad

namanc6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2016
    Gun shops, I always go to Nagel's. pawn shops I don't visit. I am looking at selling my own XDM Compact if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Is it a .45 acp xdm? Nagels is nice to browse in. They have a lot of knives also.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dury's has a nice selection but prices are a tad high. I haven't found a pawn shop worth visiting, if they even have decent firearms they want ridiculous prices for them!

Nagel's have cleaned up their shop a bit but I still wouldn't make a special trip over there. I have yet to find anything worth buying at that place.

The folks out at The Gun Shack in Helotes are really friendly, and have some great deals; but that's a bit of a drive from downtown (25-30 minutes).

Adelbridge & Company up by the airport would be a good choice, they've grown and have a nice selection of firearms. They probably have the best AK offerings in SA.

The Powderhorn over by Lackland off 410 isn't bad if you're nearby, but I wouldn't make a special trip for that store either.

Essentially, I would recommend Dury's and Adelbridge as your best bets; everything else I would say skip unless you're seriously bored. Don't bother with Don's Guns or Alamo Tactical.

Oh, and if you liked large retails stores, we do have a Gander Mountain and a Bass Pro!

As for military surplus shops, there's the two National Outdoors locations on Bandera Road and San Pedro. Don't get your hopes up too high, but occasionally we'll find something. There are a couple more discussed in this thread...

https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/san-antonio/63099-military-surplus-shops-around-san-antonio.html

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom