• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gerritm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    seabrook, tx
    My son had some Harley motorcycle pistons coated by a company here in Houston called Poly - Dyn on the NW side. They also do guns. Very good process that I believe they have patented. I have never seen their work on guns, but on other products it is great and indestructible.

Performance coatings by Polydyn

somedudefromhouston

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    houston
    My son had some Harley motorcycle pistons coated by a company here in Houston called Poly - Dyn on the NW side. They also do guns. Very good process that I believe they have patented. I have never seen their work on guns, but on other products it is great and indestructible.

Performance coatings by Polydyn
    I had a CZ 75 done at Poly dyn. It is very slick, but not very durable. It can be scraped off with a thumbnail. The good people there said it should be tougher than that, and offered to redo it, but I havent had the time to strip the gun again. CZ are kinda fiddly to strip and reassemble.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    If you don't mind shipping, send the good folks at KG coatings an e-mail and they can get you a quote. My gunsmith quoted me at $85 to finish my lever action in duracote. KG quoted me at $120 for the same lever action but included media-blasting, parkerizing, then coating it using KG gun-kote, which is like duracoat but a bit harder and more abrasion resistant. They do a wonderful job and they are the makers of the stuff.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    That is a tough one, skeeter, you may want to just e-mail KG to see if they think their stuff could stand up to the abuse. I would just say parkerize it and keep it oiled, but coating it in a good strong coat that could stand up to the constant slapping around of all kinds of parts would be ideal.

Is it a heavy mg, or a light mg?

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Very nice, in that case, I would venture to say that the KG 2400 series could do it without a problem. They have all sorts of base colors that can be lightened very easily. If they have a satin black, that should just about do it.

wetboyz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Texas
    Polydyn has been doing my guns for 15 years- last time used 5-8 years ago.
    shotguns mostly-M1 too. Been very happy on the immersion for saltwater fowl shooting.
    been a C3 for a while and never used them but they are good people
    my 2c

Polydyn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Houston
    We have been coating for 33 years. We are the only Certified Cerakote Firearm Coatings Applicator in Houston. We do all weapons! We have many other proprietary coatings as well. We coat military applications, as we are ITAR Registered through the U.S. Department of State (International Traffic in Arms), for the importing and exporting of weapon systems. Please feel free to contact us anytime, or come visit the shop on 1960 and Jones and see what we can do.

For customer reviews and photos follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
    www.twitter.com/Polydyn
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Polymer-Dynamics-PolyDyn/134060166645501

For a complete rundown here is our resource portal and blog as well.
    www.polydyn.wordpress.com

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Something else to consider, do it yourself. It's really not that hard and there are kits out there with everything you need to do a gun or two on your own.
    A single kit runs under $35 and would be more than enough to do two or three Macs. I have used these kits with good results.
    DuraCoat Shake 'N Spray

Rubikees

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Houston
    I would go with Dale up in Tomball. I know him from IDPA shooting and he does take care of the shooters. He will take the firearm down and give it a really good coating. I had him do a Titanium powder on the M&P9 which gives it a gun metal blue look.

Top Bottom