Early voting to start Oct. 13th... or will it?

busykngt

TGT Addict
Jun 14, 2011
McKinney
The Texas Republican Party filed a lawsuit against the state governor Wednesday, after Gov. Greg Abbott added six days to the early voting period in light of the coronavirus pandemic. | Fox News

https://fxn.ws/3mQ058W

(LTC) Allen West leading the charge (Texas' new GOP Chairman Head).

Last edited:

Dougw1515

Well-Known
Jul 14, 2020
USA
Well if it makes it easier, more convenient, safer... I'm thinking early voting should begin 11/4/2020 for the 2024 elections. I'm just sayin'.... If a little is good - A lot is better!

busykngt

TGT Addict
Jun 14, 2011
McKinney
The more I hear of the TX governor, the more I think maybe he is out of touch with his own party, like a RINO.
Are you new to Texas?
--
The reason I ask is, most folks that have been around awhile know it's just one of our favorite pastimes. We luv to hate our Governor!

Abbott is Abbott
Rick Perry - no good (but at least he shot that coyote with his .380ACP)
GW Bush - no good...a game player (when they could find him)
Ann Richards - she might be sober but she was still a drunk
Bill Clements - what did he ever do
Mark White - a Democrat - what more need be said
Dolph Brisce - well...never mind...he started The Swamp, didn't he

Anyway, you get the drift. You might notice, it doesn't matter if they have an 'R' or a 'D' after their name.

popper

Apr 23, 2013
Texas Gov has very little authority except in case of emergency. Stripped of his power back in 1800s. Lt Gov and House speaker are it. Abbott tried to do right, may have overstepped a bit here. Consider this - not extending early voting and Dems go to court based on 'not enough time to get votes in' so 'court' decides what votes count? We go Mn and Pa already tossing ballots, military overseas votes have been 'waylaid' for years.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Are you new to Texas?
--
The reason I ask is, most folks that have been around awhile know it's just one of our favorite pastimes. We luv to hate our Governor!

Abbott is Abbott
Rick Perry - no good (but at least he shot that coyote with his .380ACP)
GW Bush - no good...a game player (when they could find him)
Ann Richards - she might be sober but she was still a drunk
Bill Clements - what did he ever do
Mark White - a Democrat - what more need be said
Dolph Brisce - well...never mind...he started The Swamp, didn't he

Anyway, you get the drift. You might notice, it doesn't matter if they have an 'R' or a 'D' after their name.
Each of those listed, in their own way, sought to grow and strengthen an intentionally weak and powerless state government.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member