• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That's makes sense too. You have no worries about the larger rock sinking over time? I'm a youtube certified equipment operator, so I'm going into this blind. The good thing about moving dirt is that it's easy to fix if you make a mistake.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    might also check on some repurposed asphaltfor road material
    Lynx Defense

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    might also check on some repurposed asphaltfor road material
    I'm at the mercy of what's available around here. Crushed concrete and milled asphalt would be the cheapest but it's 85 miles away, one way. Too far and too much fuel. I'm shocked to have found the limestone that's only 20 mins away, so I'll see how that works out.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm at the mercy of what's available around here. Crushed concrete and milled asphalt would be the cheapest but it's 85 miles away, one way. Too far and too much fuel. I'm shocked to have found the limestone that's only 20 mins away, so I'll see how that works out.

my brother and father were having some of the same issues as you are having so they bought a huge3yard dump trailerto go and pick up the material instead of having it deliveredhe can pickup the material for $75 a ton iirc it
    s$125a ton delivered!

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I guess your place aint big enough to provide you with any material. It sure is cheaper when you can source it on or very near by. No Iron ore deposits?
    Lol, just clay, and lots of it.

I got my 3 loads today. Was raped in Jasper, Texas Aggregates is 20 mins away and they charged $50 per ton for 3x5 rock. That was a $500 load. I made some calls and found a quarry 1 hr north in Milam, TX and got the same weight for 110.

65e9f4b1f2b0fe0d14db9a173c3bd25e.jpg

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I picked up a 24"x20' culvert pipe for the driveway entrance. This will have to
    wait a few weeks until i have more time to get the rock. I'm closing on a new home soon and will be busy with that for a while until we get settled in.

Next project after finishing the road will be getting the water line from the water meter to camp. I'm looking at about a 1300' foot run. Vevor has pex-b for $300 per 500ft roll.

That's the cheapest I've seen anywhere and based on what I've read pex can be buried with no issue. Opinions?
    2126e37c331ff2199f8eba060b247276.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Next project after finishing the road will be getting the water line from the water meter to camp. I'm looking at about a 1300' foot run. Vevor has pex-b for $300 per 500ft roll.
    [/IMG]
    Without knowing if you’re going uphill or downhill from the meter, 1” Pex may not supply suitable pressure over a run that long. Uphill may need larger pipe or pumping; downhill may allow too much velocity.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Without knowing if you’re going uphill or downhill from the meter, 1” Pex may not supply suitable pressure over a run that long. Uphill may need larger pipe or pumping; downhill may allow too much velocity.
    There's about 15 ft of uphill elevation change from the meter to camp. I was trying to be cheap. There's a huge difference in price between 1 inch pex and 2 inch hdpe water line.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    There's about 15 ft of uphill elevation change from the meter to camp. I was trying to be cheap. There's a huge difference in price between 1 inch pex and 2 inch hdpe water line.

Search around the net and you can probably find a pressure loss calculator to help you decide.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I believe Pressure loss due to elevation change is constant regardless of pipe size. There is a constant for it.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I picked up a 24"x20' culvert pipe for the driveway entrance. This will have to
    wait a few weeks until i have more time to get the rock. I'm closing on a new home soon and will be busy with that for a while until we get settled in.

That's the cheapest I've seen anywhere and based on what I've read pex can be buried with no issue. Opinions?
    2126e37c331ff2199f8eba060b247276.jpg

1300’ you will probably need a bigger pipe size to offset frictional losses.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Unfortunately potable water under pressure is not something to be cheap on. If the meter in restricted flow and your utility has 150 psi i in the main like SAWS does, you might be able to get away with 1” up to camp and putting the pressure regulator up there, but I think that’s a lot of ifs having to line up.

You really want 70psi at camp. I get there’s only a travel trailer up there, but you don’t want to do this job twice. There’s also the risk of not enough pressure to get the water up to camp, as well.

Top Bottom