• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    What are the legal implications of carrying a pistol that was bought private party? Should I get it transferred into my name? I bought it from a friend that was the original owner. Thanks in advance.
    Hurley's Gold

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    What are the legal implications of carrying a pistol that was bought private party? Should I get it transferred into my name? I bought it from a friend that was the original owner. Thanks in advance.

whatchutalkinboutwillis.gif

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    So when you fill out a 4473 with all of your information and the firearms serial number they just throw that information away when you pass the background check?

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    dude you can literally conceal carry a 3d printed glock if you made it yourself, this aint commie illnoise or commiefornia.

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    dude you can literally conceal carry a 3d printed glock if you made it yourself, this aint commie illnoise or commiefornia.
    Said glock never had a 4473 filled out did it? How come after every shooting you hear on the news they can say whether the gun was legally purchased and a lot of times who purchased it?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Bingo! What is the first thing the ATF would do after a gun was used in a shooting even if it was later found to be totally legal?
    The ATF would find out what dealer sold the gun, the original purchaser could be found from the FFL kept 4473 and if a bill of sale was subsequently used, the person who purchased it next in a private sale could be found. An argument for not using a bill of sale. If you purchased a gun from someone with a bill of sale and then used it in a criminal way there might be a paper trail to you. Might be is the critical issue. In Texas a gun bought from a private individual does not legally require any paperwork.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom