APOD Firearms

eForms system seems to be more stable yesterday and today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Fingers crossed, but it seems that the eForms system is more responsive yesterday and today... had no problems logging in this morning (and yesterday) at a time I would have expected lots of traffic and/or locked up system. :)

Perhaps they finally figured out what was causing the lock ups and the eForm approvals will begin flowing again as before... but I'm not holding my breath...
    Military Camp

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    lol everyone and there brother has not logged in yet today and just left the browser open :) hitting refresh every 28 seconds it will slow again :)

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    It has to be working better today because it couldnt get much worse short of totally crashing. There have been quite a few eforms approved today including some 11/6 dates. Both my griffin armament cans were filed 11/7 so heres to hoping it keeps working and I can have them this weekend.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It has to be working better today because it couldnt get much worse short of totally crashing. There have been quite a few eforms approved today including some 11/6 dates. Both my griffin armament cans were filed 11/7 so heres to hoping it keeps working and I can have them this weekend.

So eforms are running around 4 months now? Dang, I was hoping they were still like 100 days... Two cans submitted on 12/5/13...

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Yeah, they were running about 90 days for a few months until about a month ago, when the first wave of weather shut down the NE area, followed by significant disruptions in the eFroms system itself. :(

I am still awaiting a Nov 1 submitted form.

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    I just hope it's running better on the ATF's side than our's!!
    Actually, no, I believe ATF examiners have been having the same issues as us, and is the reason why we have seen such as slow down in turn around time for eForms over the last month. :(

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Wow... eForms seem to be flowing again... 9 approvals reported on NFAtracker since Monday. (there were only 22 reported for all of February)

:)

tmperez

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Austin Tx
    So Im not really sure why the gov cant make a web site. The eforms site really cant be all that complex, nor can there be that many concurrent users. Does anyone know why this site is so bad. In the last 4 days I have only gotten in once. I keep getting the error

"Unexpected Error During login (LoginException) Please consult logs for detail

I just dont understand why our government insists on going live with broken crap. If the web site is causing the slow down in processing that would a disgrace and shame on the IT guys and web developers that developed that sight the should be embarrassed.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I wish they would get their shit together.

It's been over a month since I paid for a couple YHM cans and the dealer still hasn't been able to submit the forms. Either eforms is screwed up or pay.gov is belly up.

Thinking about just asking for paper forms to mail in. Because that 41P garbage is still counting down.

capitolarmory

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Cedar Park
    It's been over a month since I paid for a couple YHM cans and the dealer still hasn't been able to submit the forms.

We file daily and have only had a few days where we could not file; postponing that days filings to the next. Push your dealer to eFile at an alternate time or use a different browser. I would avoid a paper filling like the plague.

Form 4s were running 3 months and now are running 4. This new delay occurred in late January.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Silencer Shop managed to file my eForm transfer electronically the same day after they'd reviewed my trust documents. ATF approved the eForm 3 days later.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Someone asked me this in another thread and to that I say use your own discretion as to what approval I'm referring :rolleyes:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I just dont understand why our government insists on going live with broken crap. If the web site is causing the slow down in processing that would a disgrace and shame on the IT guys and web developers that developed that sight the should be embarrassed.

Lol this is the obama administration, you should know better than that. They have no shame.

Good thing too, cause Putin is about to wipe his ass with obama's face. But he'll pop back on the MSM idiot tube with his teleprompter and act like nothing's wrong with us on the brink of World War 3, the terrible Oconomy, and the utter failure that is kenyancare.

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    It has nothing to do with Obama and his administration. It has everything to do with a Federal agency being incompetent due to playing with other people's money, bloat and lack of proper auditing to ensure they manage and spend efficiently. I have zero confidence that the ATF or their IT would run any better if Ted Cruz were President.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    It has nothing to do with Obama and his administration. It has everything to do with a Federal agency being incompetent due to playing with other people's money, bloat and lack of proper auditing to ensure they manage and spend efficiently. I have zero confidence that the ATF or their IT would run any better if Ted Cruz were President.

During GWB's terms all my paper form 4s took 3 months or less. One of them took only 34 days. There also wasn't a bullshit federal rule change to eliminate NFA possession from most of the population under W either.

Give me the 1 month transfer times and general ATF attitude under GWB any day over the current 18 month nonsense and open hostility emanating from DC and obamaholder.

You say who's in charge makes no difference and I have to disagree because I've seen how relatively fast and smooth the process could be. You probably wouldn't even need eforms if Cruz were running things because paper forms wouldn't take 1.5 years.

I'm wondering how much of that year+ transfer delay results from bureaucratic sandbagging ordered by the antigun head of DOJ. NFA branch is now sending error letters to transferors because the barrel length on a gun doesn't exactly match the original form 2 due to a barrel change or muzzle brake being attached by an owner somewhere down the line. Asking for photographs of receivers, barrels, markings and other things they never required before.

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Dude, come on. There are more examiners now than with GWB. You know damn well it's hugely increased amounts of NFA filings that have astronomically increased wait times. Obama has many faults but NFA wait times are driven by amount of demand. The only argument you can make is that the President's rhetoric has generated most of that increased demand and that is a very sound argument.

I don't know what golden memories you have about the ATF but they've never been civvie friendly under any administration.

Last edited:

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I don't know what golden memories you have about the ATF but they've never been civvie friendly under any administration.

You know how they flat out reject your form if it isn't printed on 1 sheet double sided? That used to not be the case. In fact I have an approved one that is 2 sheets stapled together.

They used to allow the word 'multi' or a listing (ex: 5.56, 7.62 & 9mm) as a caliber on the forms too.

'Zombies' used to be an acceptable reason to register a NFA firearm.

These days they reject for the slightest little thing. Those are just a couple examples of how more accommodating and less hostile their attitude was in the past compared to now.

Today, if you did any of the 3 things above it'd be restart the whole process and wait another year.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom