• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbarrel505

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    san antonio
    I'm a certified tech in san antonio working at an independent dealer and we turn away modifying emissions because we could get fined heavily. I would look into performance shops or maybe signing something that states you will use it for "off road only" but what you use it for after that is your thing. My ford 6.0 is highly modified and has egr delete and I have had no hassles after the fact running it on the road. Why are you doing the delete? I haven't seen too many people delete the 6.7 egr.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I wouldn't do anything until all existing warranties had expired. The 6.7 sure feels 'held back' relative to my old 5.9 that would really get up and go.

Everything I have read (I know, just because you see it online doesn't mean its true) indicates that EGR and DPF keep this engine from realizing its full potential. I'm no mechanic, just an end-user.

longbarrel505

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    san antonio
    Egr doesn't hold it back, egr opens when your cruising on the highway to prevent nox. Dpf is definitely a power killer but If you do remove it hold onto it because if you trade it in or the emissions cops hit you it's a very costly piece of metal. Innovative diesel is good, tsd in San Antonio is great, and a few others. you have to pull the cab to do one of the coolers for the egr so you might be better off waiting until your ready to spend some coin on upgrades. Not trying to scare you, just passing on advice. Here is a pic of mine last week
    abamyva9.jpg
    ynema2un.jpg

longbarrel505

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    san antonio
    Not as hard at all on a dodge. Well if your pulling a load on the highway or just driving they can check over the vehicle and fine you accordingly. Had a buddy pulling two offroad rigs, got him for egr, dpf, and red fuel. Since he was over a certain weight he was fined as a commercial driver. Don't know the exact laws but they can be like that sometimes. I guess it depends on how you communicate with them or what mood they are in. In the emission cities they now check for that stuff and scan the vehicle when you get your inspection. Just FYI, I really don't care what you do just sticking it out there.

Top Bottom