Hurley's Gold

El Paso based TGT shoot days, LET'S DO IT.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    You’re a Glock owner aren’t you?
    I own not a Glock and never will. HOWEVER...

Yea I'm an M&P guy but the 80 percent builds looked fun and kinds cool, so I build a couple. I will NEVER buy an actual Glock.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    So.......I casually ran it by the wife this evening and she didn't say no.......I told her we would be shooting in the desert and I could shoot the MG's.......(no ranges around here allow them)....

So that I have it straight....Sunday May 22nd?

I Just need to check that there is nothing else going on that weekend with the family....

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    So.......I casually ran it by the wife this evening and she didn't say no.......I told her we would be shooting in the desert and I could shoot the MG's.......(no ranges around here allow them)....

So that I have it straight....Sunday May 22nd?

I Just need to check that there is nothing else going on that weekend with the family....
    That be the day. Keep us posted.

LEP

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2015
    El Paso
    I collect surplus military rifles, so if anyone coming down for the shoot has an interest in shooting a model I may have, just post it up, here.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I collect surplus military rifles, so if anyone coming down for the shoot has an interest in shooting a model I may have, just post it up, here.

I am planning on bringing a 1903 Springfield and a reproduction 1873 Trapdoor Springfield.
    Along with a few others.

Would you have a U.S. Krag?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Unfortunately I will be a no for the shoot......maybe next time around.....

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hey guys, sorry, had a lot going on last few days.

So are we meeting at Rosie's cantina? Why sundown? Is that for Saturday?

I can't find the spot on google maps so I'm going to drive down there this week to get a GPS ping and I'll post a video of the terrain and the spot, along with the ping on the maps.

I was texted with a few questions so:

For food and water, I suppose we all just bring our own food and drink. I will buy and bring a bunch of water and soda and an ice chest too. I can bring pizza if yall want.

For what to shoot, I say we all just bring our targets and everyone can shoot whatever, so if you don't want holes in your steel, make sure not to bring it, or let everyone know which calibers can be used on it.

For shade, I am taking one 10x10 gazebo and I suppose I can buy another. If anyone else is taking some sort of shade, let us know. I will also bring a 6 foot folding table.

For guns, just bring what you want to shoot and what you're ok with watching other men fondle. I will be bringing a bunch, just so everyone can shoot or try out something they may not have tries before. You all are more than welcome to shoot whatever I bring, though there are a couple of guys bringing some way cooler stuff than I can provide.

For anyone who needs a place to hang out, I have room at my place with a full bathroom in it. I have plenty of room so multiples are welcome. My wife is a very good cook so breakfast lunch and dinners will be provided. For the night of the shoot, any of you are welcome to come by for dinner, unless we all go out to eat. Whatever yall want.

Can't really think of much else to put right now but if you have any questions, text or respond here and I'll get back as soon as I can. God bless.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Hey guys, sorry, had a lot going on last few days.

So are we meeting at Rosie's cantina? Why sundown? Is that for Saturday?

I can't find the spot on google maps so I'm going to drive down there this week to get a GPS ping and I'll post a video of the terrain and the spot, along with the ping on the maps.

I was texted with a few questions so:

For food and water, I suppose we all just bring our own food and drink. I will buy and bring a bunch of water and soda and an ice chest too. I can bring pizza if yall want.

For what to shoot, I say we all just bring our targets and everyone can shoot whatever, so if you don't want holes in your steel, make sure not to bring it, or let everyone know which calibers can be used on it.

For shade, I am taking one 10x10 gazebo and I suppose I can buy another. If anyone else is taking some sort of shade, let us know. I will also bring a 6 foot folding table.

For guns, just bring what you want to shoot and what you're ok with watching other men fondle. I will be bringing a bunch, just so everyone can shoot or try out something they may not have tries before. You all are more than welcome to shoot whatever I bring, though there are a couple of guys bringing some way cooler stuff than I can provide.

For anyone who needs a place to hang out, I have room at my place with a full bathroom in it. I have plenty of room so multiples are welcome. My wife is a very good cook so breakfast lunch and dinners will be provided. For the night of the shoot, any of you are welcome to come by for dinner, unless we all go out to eat. Whatever yall want.

Can't really think of much else to put right now but if you have any questions, text or respond here and I'll get back as soon as I can. God bless.
    It’s Rosa’s cantina on Doniphan. New ownership-not what it use to be.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    it looks like I have to bail, something has come up and the wife has me scheduled that day for something else. I will make it to El Paso someday. you guys should start hosting quarterly get togethers though.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

We will definitely do it again and again as long as at least 2 or three want to do it, and I will always throw it up for yall to come.

That's a shame fellas. I was really looking forward to meeting you. Ok I'm going to update the list and yall let me know if I got it wrong.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I just have to go out to the east side to get that gps ping and will do that as soon as I can. Since alls that's left (correct me if I'm wrong) are all natives, we can meet at the taco bell on Montana to eat, and then go shoot, or eat after. Let me know which is best.

To those of you who are still going, this is my first time trying to set up a shoot for us on TGT, or any group for that matter so if you all have questions or if I'm sucking at this, just let me know please. I'm open to criticism and just want this to be a fun day to shoot, among like minded people, so if I'm miss'n something or can better organize this thing, please let me know.

Also, please PM me your numbers so I can see what everyone is bringing as far as tables, shade, targets, so I can get a good picture at how it's going to look out there on that day.

All that being said, I'm up for this as long as there is even just one guy who is also up for it.

God bless you all and my best to you and yours.

-Jon

Top Bottom