• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andrew678122

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    El Paso
    Hey everyone, it's good to see such an active group,

I'm fairly new (7 months) to El Paso and I'm looking for a gun shop. I want to buy a lever gun, one of the tactical 30-30s made by Mossberg, any suggestions where I could get one? I came across one shop that said they had one but sold it a few days before I got there... yeah right.

I've got a .223 H&R and have been shooting at the Ft Bliss Rod and Gun Club, it's a great range and good people there too. I'm going to get a membership there next month.

ANd finally does anyone know where and when the next gun show is?

See y'all...
    Hurley's Gold

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Mossberg 464 Zombie Edition 30-30 16" Muzzle Brake 6 Pos. Stock $423.00 SHIPS FREE

Buds Gun Shop is a good start.....There are many FFL's you can use in the El Paso area.

I have found local shops to be really overpriced. I always find better prices online, and have found a couple good deals at Academy. You just have to shop around here.

Depending what side of town you are on, there are a handful of local shops.

Westside:
    Collectors gun Exchange
    Sportsman's Elite
    CWS
    Academy
    Sports Authority
    Big 5

Eastside:
    El Paso Gun Exchange
    Kirks Gun Shop
    Chuys Gun Shop

I may have missed a couple....

You can also use Davidson's Gallery of Guns online which will connect you with a local FFL. I have bought a few from Davidson's and have got prices I can not beat locally.

Hope this helps.

Chris

andrew678122

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    El Paso
    Thanks for the link Chrs2fer23, that is what I'm looking for. I didn't know Mossberg had introduced a Zombie version of the gun, that gives me a second mfg part number to look for. I've already talked to an FFL in the area, so he's aware of what I'm doing. I've never done an FFL transfer before, do I have to get something from the local FFL to give to the gun shop? Or do I just give the gun shop my FFL's details?

Thanks for the response...

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    you'll have to have your local FFL send their info to whomever you are ordering from. Some places online, like Bud's, will have FFL info "on file", so you would have to find that out from the seller.

I read some really great reviews for West Texas Firearms. His name is Brian, and he works out of his home. I have used Alpha Pistol Sales. He also works out of his home. You can find info for both online, or through Davidson's Gallery of Guns. They both have online store fronts there.Unfortunately Davidson's is out of stock on the Mossberg Tactical Lever Action.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Just realized i sound like a commercial for Davidson's. LOL. I have used them several times with low prices, no FFL fees, and seamless transactions. Sorry bout that...didn't try to be a commercial for them.

Also forgot to mention Elpasoguntrader.com. Have had some good luck there too, and it's local. I have also had good luck on this site in the classified adds. Only problem is that El Paso is soooooooooooo far away from Texas.

andrew678122

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    El Paso
    I've been to a couple of the shops you mentioned, among them the Collector's Gun Exchange which I liked and will probably use for any FFL transfer.

What I'd really like to find is a large shop like "USAutoweapons in Scottsdal AZ" usautoweapons.com , is there any place like that around El Paso?

Thanks...

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Next gun show in El Paso is July 14th and 15th.

6331 Alabama Street El Paso, Texas 79904. Phone: (915) 562-1444 Fax: (915) ... 1999 - 2005 El Maida Shrine Auditorium. Saturday- 9-5 Sunday- 10-4

$5.00 admission

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I've been to a couple of the shops you mentioned, among them the Collector's Gun Exchange which I liked and will probably use for any FFL transfer.

What I'd really like to find is a large shop like "USAutoweapons in Scottsdal AZ" usautoweapons.com , is there any place like that around El Paso?

Thanks...

No place like that or even the Scottsdale Gun Club. I only wish. Not enough of a market here.

I am a 01/06 FFL and do transfers for $25.00

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    you'll have to have your local FFL send their info to whomever you are ordering from. Some places online, like Bud's, will have FFL info "on file", so you would have to find that out from the seller.

I read some really great reviews for West Texas Firearms. His name is Brian, and he works out of his home. I have used Alpha Pistol Sales. He also works out of his home. You can find info for both online, or through Davidson's Gallery of Guns. They both have online store fronts there.Unfortunately Davidson's is out of stock on the Mossberg Tactical Lever Action.

I wrote a review on google about him. He is literally the cheapest for ANYTHING in town that I know of and I've searched a lot. He lives rite down the street from me and is an awesome guy. I highly recommend him. I pride myself on getting amazing deals online and I have only found one thing online that I could get cheaper than from him. Give him a call, I promise he will be at least top 3 of where to go for gun stuff. Beware of Country Wide Shoothers, they've lied to me twice and game me 3 different prices on one gun. They also said they didn't do FFL because they were trying to talk me in to buying my M&P from them and when they realized I wasn't going to, she says, "ok well we can send the FFL for you". HAHAHA. Forgive me if anyone has had great experiences with them but I highly doubt it. El Paso Gun Exchange is also pretty good to deal with but good luck getting any gunsmithing done. They wanted me to keep my gun there for a month and it would just sit there until he could get to it. The job, remove the ambi safety so I would only have one. I took it home and ground it off and it only took about 5 minutes. That disassembly and reassembly included. Well, welcome to El Paso and good luck!

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Next gun show in El Paso is July 14th and 15th.

6331 Alabama Street El Paso, Texas 79904. Phone: (915) 562-1444 Fax: (915) ... 1999 - 2005 El Maida Shrine Auditorium. Saturday- 9-5 Sunday- 10-4

$5.00 admission

Thank you! I can never seem to catch one. Where do you get your info on when and where they take place?

andrew678122

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    El Paso
    I went with Bud's Gun Shop for the tactical 30-30, they're sending it to the FFL at Collectors. Bud's had the 41022 for $394, with free shipping! I got it rather than the Zombie. I had been talking to Collectors and felt like I should use them for the FFL transfer. In a week or two I should have it, I'll make Ft. Bliss Rod and Gun my second stop...

Does Bud's have your FFL licence on file randmplumbingllc? They will put it on file if you fax it to them with a note (Bud's fax number (800) 804-5569). Then your name will appear in the drop-down box of FFLs when someone from El Paso buys a gun. They clear them all out every year so you'll have to send it to them again ...

Thanks for the info everyone, I will be at the gun show, maybe see some of you there...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Great thread, I'll be out in El Paso later this year and would like to know what shops/ranges/etc that are worth visiting...

Cheers! M2

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Not alot to see in El Paso. I'm sure the few shops here are dismal compared what's in your part of Texas.

As far as ranges....there is Fort Bliss Rod and Gun. It is an outdoor style with ranges for pistol, rifle, trap & skeet, and archery. Oh, and black powder also. There is also an indoor range at the community college. Have never shot there, but have read good reviews. There is also a new indoor range being built that is supposed to open in August. I haven't heard the details on this one yet. Then, there is always the desert!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'll be working on Bliss, hopefully I'll get a chance to check out there range. I suspect it's similar to what Camp Bullis has set up here in SA.

Thanks! M2

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    There is a new gun shop called Gun Central, located @ 6024 Gateway Blvd E, that has been open for about 2 weeks. They are not 100% set with their inventory but they do have a pretty good selection out as of right now. They also plan on opening an indoor range that will be located adjacent to their shop.

The shop is family owned and they are a very friendly bunch. Their prices (as of this moment) are comparable to online prices (of course you have to figure in tax). I was looking to pick up a Sig P238, either a two-tone with blackwood or rosewood grips, or a two-tone with grey fluted grips. The P238 with fluted grips at El Paso Gun Exchange was available at $649! The same model at Gun Central was available for about $100 less. They had the blackwood model I was looking for. I picked it up with 2 spare mags, out the door, for a $647.

Check them out! :)

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    The indoor range at the law enforcement center of El Paso community college is by far the nicest range I have ever shot at. Excellent pistol range. The R&G is ok, they have COLD beer at the bar served in a frosty mug for like $2 when you are done shooting.

Top Bottom