• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    First, a CHL holder saves a woman from being attacked and possibly killed by a dog; and now an elderly woman shoots and kills a scumbag home invader...
    Way to go, San Antonio!

Police Say Woman Shot, Killed Home Invader

A North Side woman shot and killed an intruder and police caught his accomplice in a home invasion Thursday afternoon, authorities said.

The woman, described as a senior citizen, was upstairs with her husband in their home in the 7100 block of Oakridge Drive when they heard a loud bang, San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said. They checked downstairs and found a man in his late teens or early 20s inside. He had broken a sliding glass door with a hammer, McManus said.

“What are you doing in my house?” the husband asked, while his wife grabbed a gun and fired one shot, killing the intruder.

Property records and neighbors identified the homeowners as ages 64 and 82, respectively.

Undercover officers were already in the area because of a rash of recent burglaries. Advised of the incident, they arrested a man blocks away from the shooting scene who they believe was an accomplice to the man who was killed, McManus said. A vehicle believed to have been used by the suspects was also found in the area, police said.
    Police then arrived at the house and found the other suspect dead and the homeowners shaken but uninjured, McManus said.

The chief said the shooting appeared justified. He said he doesn't know what burglars typically might be thinking when they break into a home, “but they should be thinking, This could be the last home I break into.'”

What I don't like is the paper printing the names and ages of the homeowners (I omitted them when I copied it here).

Still, the police chief's comments will hopefully have other criminals in this city thinking twice before they try this again!

Cheers! M2
    Guns International

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Now we just have to wait and see if the old couple are sued by the family. Glad they took action, maybe the kid that was arrested will think twice in the future before trying something like that again.

Top Bottom