• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Impeachment is a pipe dream. Just isn't gonna happen.

But the repubs will be able to take advantage of his arrogance if they play smart. The next two years are about 2016. That will be the opportunity to set things back on track. The next to years will be about stopping the bleeding and making sure the blame goes to the lefties for the mess we are in.
    Hurley's Gold

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Impeachment is a pipe dream. Just isn't gonna happen.

But the repubs will be able to take advantage of his arrogance if they play smart. The next two years are about 2016. That will be the opportunity to set things back on track. The next to years will be about stopping the bleeding and making sure the blame goes to the lefties for the mess we are in.

two*

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Also as much as I believe (or assume) that most libertarian voters would vote Republican, you are of the belief (or assumption) that social conservatives like me would vote for a socially liberal libertarian.
    You've made it clear you vote strait R; no exceptions! :laughing:

Did you hear Mitch McConnell's little quip about how there won't be a government shutdown on his watch? That was a middle finger to the teapublicans... The Cruzs, Pauls, and Lees are a minority in their party. The GOP taking the senate is certainly better than the dems keeping it, but I'm a bit worried about this new legislature that's eager to Do Something™, and what sort of deal they'll strike with Obama to get him to sign stuff.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Voted Greg Abbot, then straight libertarian for everything else it was available for, republican for those that didn't have a libertarian option, and then one democrat for Fort Bend County DA.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    As to the other part. I just looked at Sarvis's page. He had some stances that would be tough to pull off in Texas, but conservative means different things in different states.

We can play what if, if you like. What if he pulled 2% of dem votes who are tired of dems but don't trust repubs (I know a few of these types). He may have gave repubs a chance.

The two parties need a shakeup. It happened there. That's a good thing. Sometime there is some risk when you shake up the status quo.

Again, I don't know what kind of campaign any of the candidates ran, just that Sarvis had some immigration, abortion, and drug policies that would turn away many conservatives and attract many dems.

Impossible to say he caused problems specifically for one side or the other without some kind of exit pole numbers with political affiliation info.

Revealed: Obama Campaign Bundler Helping Fund Libertarian in Tight Va. Gubernatorial Race | TheBlaze.com

Sarvis was heavily funded by an Obama bundler (from Austin, no less) in his 2013 governor's race. Not sure if he got the same funding this time.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I voted against it, mainly because I think we need to do with less spending and having money put back is a real good thing.

I don't think the roads are in a state of emergency.

I voted against pretty much any spending props, including local. Seems I wasn't in the majority though.
    As a matter of principle I always vote no anytime .gov wants to spend money.

Top Bottom