• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm very disappointed the CO governor race is still too close to call.

Well, I want them to undo a lot of stuff. Does that count as doing?
    I would wholly support any candidate that promised to do nothing other than repeal things.

Need to confront obama on amnesty and the border as well.
    You're kidding right? The GOP wants "immigration reform" (which can mean anything) very badly and it will contain some form of amnesty as well.

ahem...libertarians? I hope this works out...

View attachment 30924
    Good... I hope the republicans realize they could have won if only they were more libertarian.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Is that Virginia "libertarian" the same liberal who screwed up their governor's race a couple of years ago, effectively swinging it to one of the sleaziest Democrats to ever walk the face of the earth?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    IDK, but if he was really a liberal I don't see how he would have hurt the repub candidate.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Good... I hope the republicans realize they could have won if only they were more libertarian.

Also as much as I believe (or assume) that most libertarian voters would vote Republican, you are of the belief (or assumption) that social conservatives like me would vote for a socially liberal libertarian.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I didn't see the other post, I hope it wasn't something that made mine overly offensive. If so, I apologize.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As to the other part. I just looked at Sarvis's page. He had some stances that would be tough to pull off in Texas, but conservative means different things in different states.

We can play what if, if you like. What if he pulled 2% of dem votes who are tired of dems but don't trust repubs (I know a few of these types). He may have gave repubs a chance.

The two parties need a shakeup. It happened there. That's a good thing. Sometime there is some risk when you shake up the status quo.

Again, I don't know what kind of campaign any of the candidates ran, just that Sarvis had some immigration, abortion, and drug policies that would turn away many conservatives and attract many dems.

Impossible to say he caused problems specifically for one side or the other without some kind of exit pole numbers with political affiliation info.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I welcome the shakeup. In the primary. This guy couldn't get traction running as a republican so he ran as a libertarian. Makes me wonder how much he is running for the people versus running for himself.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    IDK, but if he was really a liberal I don't see how he would have hurt the repub candidate.
    I'll try to find some links when I get home tonight but if this is the same guy, he got a lot of funding from Democrats last year in the VA governor's race and pulled around 6 or 7 percent. The Republican (Cuccinelli?) lost by 2 or 3 points, as I recall.

It's always difficult to play the "What if" game but in this case, the libertarian seems little more than a tool for the left.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Illinois governor is Republican, what WILL they do in The Good Wife bwwwaaahahahhaha

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Bummed my Texas House candidate lost. Was hoping I lived in a more conservative area heh. Glad Joni Ernst won in Iowa though. She will be good for Republicans

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    They voted to refuse the status quo of this bs false dichotomy between the Dems and the mainstream GOP. Sorry but I'm right there with younggun on refusing to vote for slow motion destruction. Pesonally I want pure unbridled freedom or quicker collapse so it wakes (at least some) people up to the fact that the state cannot come through on all it's false promises no matter whcih party promises them.

how can you say that those voters who voted Independent in that race didn't still vote for "destruction" ?
    it is just not logical to vote for a candidate who will get 2 percent of the total.
    Vote your principals, that's fine, that was their call not mine, and it will get them 6 more years of a anti gun democrat.

voting for an Independent in a race where they have no chance is the modern version of a Picket's Charge.

Top Bottom