• ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From AmmoLand blog

Elections for the NRA Board of Directors will be conducted early next year, and four self-identified reform candidates will be on the ballot.

Judge Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Dennis Fusaro, and [myself] Jeff Knox have all secured enough petition signatures from NRA Voting Members to have our names on the ballot in the 2024 Director Election, along with the 25 incumbents and three additional candidates that were nominated by the NRA Nominating Committee.

When my fellow member-nominated candidates and I refer to ourselves as “reform candidates,” what we mean is that we are deeply committed to reforming the NRA to give members more power and hold officers, directors, and staff more accountable. We believe that Wayne LaPierre and others at the top of the NRA food chain need to be removed and replaced and that the massive corporation the NRA has become needs to be managed and directed by a much smaller, more professional Board of Directors that is much more accountable to the membership. I’ll also note that we are not seeking any of those leadership positions for ourselves but want to ensure that the most qualified candidates available fill those critical positions.

If our supporters “bullet vote” for just the four candidates and/or convince one or two other NRA members who weren’t planning to cast a ballot to do likewise, our four reform candidates could not only win seats on the NRA Board, but we could be among the top vote-getters in the election, sending a loud message to NRA “leaders” and the courts.

p.s.Jeff Knox is a second-generation political activist and director of The Firearms Coalition. His father Neal Knox led many of the early gun rights battles for your right to keep and bear arms
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• NRA-Board-Election-Ballot-Vote-600x289.jpg
      NRA-Board-Election-Ballot-Vote-600x289.jpg
      31.6 KB · Views: 33

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So is anybody going to the annual meeting in Dallas next year?

And has anybody got an idea where they're relocating their HQ to in Texas? That was mentioned in passing, iirc, in the last issue of the TSRA magazine.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    So is anybody going to the annual meeting in Dallas next year?

And has anybody got an idea where they're relocating their HQ to in Texas? That was mentioned in passing, iirc, in the last issue of the TSRA magazine.
    I might go with some other coaches. We are not sure about the new facility but it is more of an office but we will see.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Not likely to see a change. WLP is stronger than ever.

Recall a year or so back, the anti- WLP folks thought it was a good idea to not send anymore money to NRA, including memberships. Well it did not work, and it had the side effect of a lot of 5+ year members not renewing, so now the anti-WLP faction has even less voting power.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX

Recall a year or so back, the anti- WLP folks thought it was a good idea to not send anymore money to NRA, including memberships. Well it did not work, and it had the side effect of a lot of 5+ year members not renewing, so now the anti-WLP faction has even less voting power.
    Exactly. Alot of my colleagues in the youth shooting sport industry have mentioned this many times when talking with parents about NRA support and leaving.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    I don't bother to vote, certainly don't send them money. But what the hell, I'll vote for these reform candidates and see what happens. :shrug:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Exactly. Alot of my colleagues in the youth shooting sport industry have mentioned this many times when talking with parents about NRA support and leaving.

I even talked to Adam Kraut about this, and he supported it. I was astonished, even told him if folks did this, he had no chance of a Board seat. I guess he had already given up on that.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I guess he had already given up on that.
    Yes. He put in an honest effort a few years back and hasn't signed up for that punishment again. I'm guessing once he was in the middle of it and saw how badly the deck is stacked he decided he could be of more use elsewhere.

That situation is why it strikes me as odd that Jeff Knox is running. His father showed us that as long as the board is just a rubber stamp (and things are much worse now than they were in his dad's heyday) folks who want the NRA to do better can be far more effective as outside agitators than as minority-viewpoint board members. I think he's going to learn the same lesson as his dad. Still, I wish him all the luck in the world. I hope we're all surprised by how this turns out.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas

As We the no longer members are saving our money rather than paying WLPs life style We are happy regardless of outcome. Principles are just as important for many.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    From AmmoLand blog

Elections for the NRA Board of Directors will be conducted early next year, and four self-identified reform candidates will be on the ballot.

Judge Phil Journey, Rocky Marshall, Dennis Fusaro, and [myself] Jeff Knox have all secured enough petition signatures from NRA Voting Members to have our names on the ballot in the 2024 Director Election, along with the 25 incumbents and three additional candidates that were nominated by the NRA Nominating Committee.

When my fellow member-nominated candidates and I refer to ourselves as “reform candidates,” what we mean is that we are deeply committed to reforming the NRA to give members more power and hold officers, directors, and staff more accountable. We believe that Wayne LaPierre and others at the top of the NRA food chain need to be removed and replaced and that the massive corporation the NRA has become needs to be managed and directed by a much smaller, more professional Board of Directors that is much more accountable to the membership. I’ll also note that we are not seeking any of those leadership positions for ourselves but want to ensure that the most qualified candidates available fill those critical positions.

If our supporters “bullet vote” for just the four candidates and/or convince one or two other NRA members who weren’t planning to cast a ballot to do likewise, our four reform candidates could not only win seats on the NRA Board, but we could be among the top vote-getters in the election, sending a loud message to NRA “leaders” and the courts.

p.s.Jeff Knox is a second-generation political activist and director of The Firearms Coalition. His father Neal Knox led many of the early gun rights battles for your right to keep and bear arms
    <>

For some 20 years, I have painstakingly gone through the “nominating committee” recommendations, then voted only for those not recommended.

Then, I finally realized the futility & gave-up. I just quit voting, it does no good !

If sufficient current voters recognize Knox & know the history, he’ll be elected in a landslide !

Wayne is a TURD in the NRA punchbowl !

leVieux

<>

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    The only thing that keeps me buying an NRA membership is that the far left progressive fascists hate the NRA so much, even though it isn't as effective as they think. Plus I like to go to the convention if it is nearby. I missed President Trump when he spoke at the one in Dallas in (2017?), but the booths were kind of cool.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The only thing that keeps me buying an NRA membership is that the far left progressive fascists hate the NRA so much, even though it isn't as effective as they think. Plus I like to go to the convention if it is nearby. I missed President Trump when he spoke at the one in Dallas in (2017?), but the booths were kind of cool.
    <>

Understood.

The main, almost ‘’only’’ real problem with the NRA is WLP.

But he is ensconced behind the “Nominating Committee”’; which totally destroys any “democratic”” mechanisms in the Association.

<>

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom