• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Went there almost a year ago. At the time the guy that was behind the counter was a little lost. He kept suggesting I come back in after four when then the own gets in. He didn't have any information on inventory, ability to order firearms, or know anything about their trades. He didn't even want to sell me a gun till I insisted I lived over 1.5 hours away and might not make it back any time soon. Then he gave in to do the background check. But it was obvious he didn't want to. He may be a little more trained now, but you still may want to wait till late afternoon to possibly get a better experience.

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    Haven't been by there in a while.. have they increased their display of handguns?
    The long guns are great so no complaint there.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Need more selection. The guy behind the counter is a cool guy. I met him at Reds and he showed me his AK. I hope they stay in business. They seem to have very little foot traffic and very few customers.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Really neat store with nice guys.
    The main problem with their store is that they're going to have a tough time selling any of the nice things with the rifles 6 feet away from the customers.

I'm not saying make the guns close enough to touch, but I want to be able to look really look at it first.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Really neat store with nice guys.
    The main problem with their store is that they're going to have a tough time selling any of the nice things with the rifles 6 feet away from the customers.

I'm not saying make the guns close enough to touch, but I want to be able to look really look at it first.

Ask? They'll hand you anything. :)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yeah, I mean, I don't doubt that they will, but it's nice to be able to see an entire store's worth of stuff up close without taking up someone's time just to have a closer look.
    For me it is about the price tags. I don't like having to ask to see something so I can get the price on it. If I can read the price from across the counter then we are good.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    For me it is about the price tags. I don't like having to ask to see something so I can get the price on it. If I can read the price from across the counter then we are good.
    Same here. I hate not being able to see the price.

Along the same lines, I went to a motorcycle/atv shop recently... Was browsing the show room and noticed there wasn't a price on anything. A sales guy came up and asked how I was doing and I pointed out the lack of prices. He said "Yeah we don't have prices on anything, but tell me what you're looking for." How can I know what I'm looking for if I can't see the price? :laughing: Won't be back there...

nitzer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    Austin
    No it was Central Texas Powersports. I forgot the name and had to look it up, lol...

I won't ever go to Central Texas Powersports again after they refused to mount my brand new, tags still on them tires because I didn't buy them from their store. So I learned how to mount my own motorcycle tires... :)

Elite Guns Inc.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Austin, TX
    To all that has supported us for the last 3 years in Austin, Texas.. Thank you!
    I think we have finally made adjustments and settled in Texas, been a bumpy road but glad we made the choice to travel it. If there are any questions, please dont hesitate to contact us directly. The e-mail address below is the fastest way to contact us at any given time.

Eliteguns1@gmail.com

Elite Guns Inc. Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Elite-Guns-Inc-Austin-716273818440205/

Webpage:

WWW.Elitegunsaustin.COM

Last edited:

Riteii

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    Hill Country
    I went to Elite Guns for the first time on Friday morning. There were so many people in there it was hard to see the merchandise. Couple or three guys buying something and more standing around waiting to be helped. I'll be back. Drive down Palmer at least once or twice a week.

NoFunAllowed

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Lago Vista
    Rezing this very old thread but Elite Guns is apparently no more. I went there for the first time in July and then they announced they were ceasing operations like 3 days later. Sorry about that.

1691523573025.png

Shame, their inventory was pretty cool, but the prices weren't so hot.

Top Bottom