Texas SOT

Employer parking lots - but not the legislative foreshadowing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    OK, I am new here and this thread is exactly what I was looking for.

Per my employee guide: "Employees are precluded from possessing dangerous weapons, including handguns, while on duty or in company facilities."
    This is the only reference I can find. Also, there is no reference to 30.06 anywhere on the grounds or in the books.

I am not looking at it from CHL perspective (I do have my CHL). I just want to be able to keep my handgun secured in my vehicle so that I can attend a nearby shooting match after work. It looks like I got the answer, although it's not the one I want. Our parking is on the property, so I assume that would be included in "company facilities".

As an aside, due to the total lack of signage, I see nothing restricting other people (vendors, contractors, visitor) from CC'ing at our business.

Either there is a chance they will search your car or use dogs, or there isn't.
    Texas SOT

45K20E4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Arlington
    Either there is a chance they will search your car or use dogs, or there isn't.

Not in the decade I have worked there. But then again...we have occasion to get K-9 training on our property, so that would really suck to get a firearm found totally by accident.

I wish they would just fix the stupid law and define my vehicle as MY property.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Not in the decade I have worked there. But then again...we have occasion to get K-9 training on our property, so that would really suck to get a firearm found totally by accident.

I wish they would just fix the stupid law and define my vehicle as MY property.

Well, they sort of did that a few years ago which is why you can legally carry your handgun in your car and leave it there while you go to work. If they are not going to search or use dogs leave the gun in the car and don't tell anyone about it.

Top Bottom