• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    El Paso
    I don't know how many of you are in the medical/Emergency Medical Technitian field, but it certainly helps to have a certain level of medical supplies with you in case things go South quickly. Even if it's a simple tourniquet, gauze pads, anti-septic, gloves, pocket masks, or whatever else comes to mind. I think it's especially important to have these things on you if you do have the training such as CPR, First Responder, EMT-B/I/P, or other skill-sets. Afterall, you're training and you are no good to a victim/patient if you don't have any equipment to use. A good place, that I've seen, to get medical-oriented equipment is

www.emp.com

You can request a catalog for free, to look at their things in more detail. Hopefully this helps someone who was like me and looked EVERYWHERE for medical supplies but couldn't find anything. Good hunting.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I am but I have my own ALS kit I built for wilderness excursions. Other than that, I don't carry anything "just in case". Most places have a first aid kit handy that has anything I'd need to treat a boo-boo.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Thanks FINALLY a place I can replace all my bandages...
    1050KENDALL 3" X 4" TELFA NON-ADHERENT DRESSING -50/BX 1 Box 1 Case of 18 (Box) $11.37
    1169KENDALL 3" X 6" TELFA NON-ADHERENT DRESSING-50/BX 1 Box 1 Case of 15 (Box) $10.59
    1238KENDALL 3" X 8" TELFA NON-ADHERENT DRESSING-50/BX 1 Box 1 Case of 12 (Box) $12.15
    1961KENDALL 2" X 3" TELFA NON-ADHERENT DRESSING 100/BX 1 Box 1 Case of 24 (Box) $13.11
    6017TELFA OUCHLESS ADHESIVE 2" X 3", 100/BX 1 Box 1 Case of 24 (Box) $17.25
    7643TELFA OUCHLESS ADHESIVE 3" X 4", 100/BX 1 Box 1 Case of 12 (Box) $24.95
    Thanks for the link, This site is exactly what I needed...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Another important and overlooked thing IMO, is testing your medical gear. Even if not treating a real injury, sacrifice some pressure bandages, have a tourniquet just for training purposes, and practice acting as a responder or self-administering some life-saving procedures to simulate being completely alone and injured. Same thing like with firearms, train until it's practically subconscious so you will act instead of freezing up.

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    Sig is right on when it comes to training and being familiar with your medical gear. Honestly, which are you more likely to use anytime soon? Your tricked out M4 or the first-aid kit you have tucked away haven't even looked at since you bought it?

I've had good luck dealing with North American Rescue - Home

Top Bottom