• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I related this story once before but I believe it is relevant.

My friends Ronnie & Linda have a young granddaughter who came to visit regularly. The kept all firearms locked up. One night a guy broke in and he and Ronnie started to fight. The BG stabbed Ronnie 11 times while Linda took an antique farm implement and beat the guy in the head with it. Finally, he ran but was arrested and charged later. Ronnie made a full recovery and I see him regularly.

The moral of this story is that a gun is a tool and it should be kept sharp and ready to use. When it's locked up, it is no more use than an ash tray. There is no substitute for training children how to behave around guns. Locking up all of the guns is not a viable option.

Flash
    Venture Surplus ad

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Anyone that stops by the house will either phone first or sit in the vehicle and honk their horn. No doorbell to ring ,lot of Beware of dogs signs, the dogs know when someones near.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I related this story once before but I believe it is relevant.

My friends Ronnie & Linda have a young granddaughter who came to visit regularly. The kept all firearms locked up. One night a guy broke in and he and Ronnie started to fight. The BG stabbed Ronnie 11 times while Linda took an antique farm implement and beat the guy in the head with it. Finally, he ran but was arrested and charged later. Ronnie made a full recovery and I see him regularly.

The moral of this story is that a gun is a tool and it should be kept sharp and ready to use. When it's locked up, it is no more use than an ash tray. There is no substitute for training children how to behave around guns. Locking up all of the guns is not a viable option.

Flash

I spent alot of time figuring out how to balance home security and firearms security. My daughter will soon be 3 and can get into almost anything. I finally threw out the desktop in the bedroom and put a shelf up where it had been to keep our security system safely out of reach and easily accessible, i had a loaded shotgun on a rack near the door for a while but was haunted by the thought of someone getting in at night and possibly getting to it before i got to them so it has been removed.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I spent alot of time figuring out how to balance home security and firearms security. My daughter will soon be 3 and can get into almost anything. I finally threw out the desktop in the bedroom and put a shelf up where it had been to keep our security system safely out of reach and easily accessible, i had a loaded shotgun on a rack near the door for a while but was haunted by the thought of someone getting in at night and possibly getting to it before i got to them so it has been removed.

yeah, i have always thought a gun rack and a key rack by the front door as equally bad ideas. hehe.

Top Bottom