• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cazador1022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    border war zone EL PASO TX
    Any Sig owners out there? I just got a P229. Nice, but a lot of holster wear. Police trade in. I would like to know if there is a local who does GUN engraving. Also I was thinking of getting it refinished/anodizing. Any input from you guys is welcome. Also any one with extra P229 mags out there lets work out a deal.
    Target Sports

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I don't know anyone local, but Lone Wolf does in house engraving. Anything you want.

Sigs are great weapons. I have a 226R Elite and a 239 SAS. Other then the looong double action trigger pull, I love them.

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    What Kind of engraving do you want laser/machine or by hand. You can get a jeweller to do the engraving and it should not be to expensive depending on how elaborate you want to get, or find a guy that engraves trophies and such and ask them.

If you want by hand there is a guy in Mexico you ship your slide to and he engraves it by hand but he is pretty pricey.
    YouTube - Colt mod 1911 5 caballos
    I asked him how much he would charge for something similar in work to the video and he said $20,000 pesos. Yikes!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I can't help with the engraving part. But as to refinishing, the P229 has a stainless steel slide, and alloy frame. (Unless it's a all stainless model, which I doubt being a trade in) If the slide is real bad, you could send it back to Sig for their Nitron treatment. That is the original finish. Or you could have it bead blasted to expose the stainless steel and have a two tone. Then there are lots of options for refinishing. But since one of the critical parts on Sig P series is the slide to frame rail fit, don't use a re-finisher that strips the anodizing off of the frame. That is know to cause slide to frame fit and wear problems. I have no personal experience with this re-finisher, but they come hightly recomended by Sig owners.

CCR-REFINISHING

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    You can have a trigger job done by someone like GrayGuns, but you are looking at a couple of hundred bucks., at least.

A lighter weight hammer spring will help a lot, especially with the DA pull. Standard on the p229 is 24 lbs (going from memory) and you can go all they way down to 16 lb. The 19 is the lowest recommended for a defense gun though. I've got a 17 lb in my P226 and I've never had a failure to ignite through several thousand rounds of different types of ammo, so I'd be perfectly comfortable with a 19 in a carry gun. Their cheap and fairly easy to install.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    A lighter weight hammer spring will help a lot, especially with the DA pull. Standard on the p229 is 24 lbs (going from memory) and you can go all they way down to 16 lb. The 19 is the lowest recommended for a defense gun though. I've got a 17 lb in my P226 and I've never had a failure to ignite through several thousand rounds of different types of ammo, so I'd be perfectly comfortable with a 19 in a carry gun. Their cheap and fairly easy to install.

Thanks. I may give that a try. The trigger just seems "gritty", always has. It has gotten better over time, but not up to what I would expect from a fairly high dollar SIG.

Top Bottom