Enhance or repair your gun sights with Glow-On super phosphorescent (OK )

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Ordered mine and it came in, since in one of the videos they say let it cure a couple days before handling, I will put it on after the weekend. I cut about 1/8th inch strip off the sheet and put that on my flash light beside the bed. I did paint that with clear nail polish, will see if I can see it tonight.

As to the idea this thread gets bumped every so often, I am glad it does. If not for that I would not have seen it.

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Glow-On: Is the bottle a self applicator ? Or will i need something to apply it?

Is the bottle a self applicator ? Or will i need something to apply your product with ?

The product comes in a small glass vial, an instruction sheet and a small wooden stick.

The wooden stick is used to apply the product. At first glance it might look primitive, but in our experience works best, just load the tip generously and either create glow dots or lines by dragging and reloading.
    If the tip seems too wide, make a diagonal cut with a pair of scissors to make it pointy.
    Please practice over any surface first to become proficient with the application and then proceed to work on your project. If it doesn't look right the first time, just wipe it off with a moist paper towel and star again.

It really takes a bit of practice at first but once you get it right you'll be doing your friends gun sights on the fly.

We're here to answer questions and help with any issue related to the product, please contact us directly from the "contact us" page in our website.
    SA1911a-1-6.jpg

thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Shipping was impressive. I put a strip on my flashlight and the next morning I could still pick out the glow without my glasses on, I am not adding it to my weapon since I am going to the range this weekend and I thought one of the video's said let it cure a couple days before rough duty. Or I might be thinking of something else.

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Gun sights paint: Efficient transition gun sights.

This is another use for Glow-On Super Phosphorescent gun sights paint.

Go check that dark barn, shed, your own home with your sights ready
    cool.gif
    . To carry the same procedure during evening or night hours of course we need a tactical light.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gun_sights_paint_2012-08-26.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Glow-On super phosphorescent is good for more than gun sights.

Fun stuff all my friends want to get some. Now half my house glows at nite

Same here friend, we've managed to set small strips of self adhesive in some corners that used to be shoulder busters and a small table in the living room famous for hurting everyone's toes
    rofl.gif

As always we put emphasis on the uses our product offers for the firearms aficionado and outdoors men in general. I know for a fact that a good number of firearms owners like fishing as well and Glow-On is very efficient way to make fishing lures visible under water since some fish will only eat stuff they can see and.

The recommendation for fishing lures is: Use dots and lines to insinuate organic forms like worms, insects etc. depending on the area the fish lives. Let the paint dry thoroughly ( a couple of days in the case of fishing lures) and apply a couple of layers of transparent nail polish to add a smooth surface and protection o your finished job.

Please keep in mind that fishing lures will use more paint, so a large vial or a medium one are better if you have a number of pieces you want to paint.

gun_sights_paint_2012-08-16.png

thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    OK, here is my review, I used this on my .40 XDM and the flashlight that I keep beside the bed. Before I went to bed I hit the sights with my flashlight for about 5 seconds and went to bed, about 2200. I have a bad back, so about 0200 I got up to stretch, the sights as well as the flashlight easy to pick out on the night stand. Got up around 0400, that is about as long as I can stay laying down. The dots easy to see, but would have been tough to line up a shot, I drew the pistol and held it and the light pointed down, closed my eyes and clicked my flashlight on and off. Dots perked right up and my night vision was not bothered. If I had to check something out in, I would have been in good shape. No its not titanium, but to me, that is kind of a DUH. For the price, this is a great product. My only half complaint would be the applicator, after trying it a couple times, I was not getting a good result, so I grabbed a couple of the flat toothpicks, worked perfect for me. I have big hands and arthritis so detail motor control is not my strong suit. I would and have recommended this to others. I also noticed a huge difference picking up a sight picture in normal light. I think this part is undersold, in a normal lit room after coming in from outside the glow is very bright, even better then from my flashlight. Hmmm, might be time for some new C batteries...LOL

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Question to Glow-On: How many gun sights can I do with one vial?

Some of my friends want me to paint their gun sights and I purchased only a small vial, how many pistols can I do with it? I'd like to save some for some fishing lures, thanks for the response

Last time we tested, with one small vial we're able to render 54 sets of 3 dots sets. Double layer.

The thing is if you want to create some design over your fishing lures, a small vial might not suffice since. Keep in mind that the larger the vial the more you get for your money.
    Hint: Some of our clients are doing gun sights US 5.00 a pop in gun shows and gun stores, which is not a bad idea at all
    biglaugh.gif
    , we encourage it
    notworthy.gif

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gun_sights_paint_2012-08-29.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Important questions about GLow-On Gun Super Phosphorescent gun sights paint

What is the shelf life of the 9.2ml vial of glow-on? Is there a warranty for the product? How should it be stored? Should any prep adhesives be applied? (such as a one made by 3M) Can a protective clear coat be applied over the product?

Basically the product is good to use as long as the level of water in the mix is adequate.
    Small vials of paint have a very short shelf life specially is they are half empty, changes in atmospheric pressure and change of temperatures will help the paint to dry which is what is meant to do naturally.
    Our advise is: Buy what you need, one small vial of Glow-On creates as many as 50 sets of dots for firearms. But, this doesn't mean it's going to last fresh in the vial for the next 20 years. If I have 3-5 firearms, it's already a bargain at US3.00 per sight.
    At the same time I could do all my friends firearms for a few bucks a pop. So, only buy the larger vial if you plan to use it, I.E.various firearms, TV remotes, fishing lures etc.

*What is the shelf life of the 9.2ml vial of glow-on?
    An unopened 9.2ml vial of Glow-On stored at room temperature 70-75 degrees should be good for 8-10 months approximately, if opened and stored in a hot shed or garage all bets ore off.
    If I intend to use your Glow-On between long periods of time, we advise, add a few drops of water to the top part, close it and store it vertically, when we are going to use it again, we open the vial drain the bit of water on top and we stir well. If the paint thickens and becomes difficult to handle, we add a drop or two of water to the vial and stir.
    Keep in mind: the thinner the paint, the more layers one has to use.
    Acrylic paint has a different way to behave than oil or solvent based products and unlike those products the product has super durable acrylic tiny molecules that keep the glow particles neatly organized, not to far and not too close. Our special secret formula, that is.

*Is there a warranty for the product?
    Yes your purchase is protected by a 100% money back guarantee (if you don't like it just send it back),we guarantee you get your product in good shape or you get your money back.

*How should it be stored? After every use clean the top of the glass vial and close it tightly, store at room temperature, not in the refrigerator. We cannot guarantee what happens after that of course, life is stranger than fiction.
    However if you are a Glow-On user you'll discover help is just one email away.

*Should any prep adhesives be applied? (such as a one made by 3M)
    Glow-On adheres to most surfaces, as long as they are free of grease or such, good quality alcohol is all it's needed to clean before the application.Also a bit of tooth is a good idea, glass surfaces would benefit from a coat of something like you mention.
    Let Glow-On cure for about three day before the temptation to scratch sets in.

* Can a protective clear coat be applied over the product?
    We usually recommend the use of a good quality transparent nail varnish, which in general is much better than anything we're able to find at the hardware store, Sally Hansen's "Diamond Strength" or "Hard As Nails" are a good starting point. once your Glow-On is dry and cured long enough 2-3 days.

Happy Labor Day everyone, be safe.
    wavey.gif

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    I realize Glo-On is water based but ...

I realize Glo-On is water based but is it safe to use alcohol & clear nail polish on plastic or poly sites? Would it be better to use another cleaner & then not cover the newly painted dots but just touch them up occasionally?

Good quality alcohol 91% and above will not harm plastic or synthetic material, when it dries it will leave no trace. Beware of rubbing alcohol which has perfume. Gin might work too, I used it couple of times while traveling as replacement for aftershave.
    018.gif

Clear nail polish bonds but with synthetic material but it doesn't fuse with with it, it can be chipped away if necessary. If that is the case we use a plastic sculpting tool to chip it away, Glow-On can also be removed that way, push hard though.

Beware of acetone, acetone will damage the finish on several materials plastic included. We use acetone to remove Glow-On sometimes, it doesn't dissolve it, just softens it so it can be rubbed away.

The reason for the clear nail polish is that it adds a smooth, truly transparent, semi flexible layer over the glow sights. Glow-On has a mildly rough texture which can accumulate dust smoke residue and such, this transparent layer will stop this from happening and make it a breeze to clean it.

image035.gif
    Did you know that heat activates the Glow properties of Glow-On? put it on your rifle's iron sights and check how after a few round it's starting to look green ( the glow is perceived as yellowish green color in the presence of light).

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

gun_sights_paint_2012-09-02.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Glow-On: Do you think this would help?

I have thought about getting something like this. The indoor range I shoot at is called " the cave " by many of us because it is so dark in there. I have trouble seeing the sites on some of my guns. Do you think this would help?

After your pistol warms up, I know the Glow sights will be visible. If it's really that dark in there you could, if allowed and trained to do so, use a lamp. If the lamp is used underhand to stabilize your firearm, remember to never, never position your non shooting arm in front of the muzzle, safety first.

If one makes the markings over the gun sights bigger than normal it really helps, most dots are downright small, especially the 1/16" are just an afterthought

A couple of seconds over front and rear gun sights and your sights should look like this long enough to empty it.

With a 100% money back guarantee, what's to loose. If it doesn't work for you, you'd be one more step closer to the solution you are looking for right?
    SA1911a-1-7.jpg

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Glow-On gun sights paint. tip of the day

Works as advertised. If you want longer lasting "charge" times, paint multiple layers on your front site.
    notworthy.gif

Absolutely
    dancing_banana.gif
    the thicker the application the brighter the glow.
    I should mention that the"liquid part that keep the mix together has a milky consistency before the water content dries up and the paint cures. The glow consequently is brighter after a couple of days when this opacity dissipates..

Do I have to apply the paint constantly/often to keep it glowing?

nonono.gif
    Not necessary, one application will last for years, unless of course, you want try a different configuration on your sights and want to re do them.

Find Glow-On at:
    glow-on.com
    Amazon.com
    eBay

P1010095.jpg

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Glow-On gun sights paint:What color is best for my gun sights

I'm having a hard time trying to decide what color to choose for my pistol front sight

First off, include in your plans the rear sights as well, they are essential in helping you frame the target, especially beyond the 15 yard mark.
    Here is a brief rating of the different glow colors

10/10- Original Glow-On Super Phosphorescent. Is the brightest one, it's white but the glow is so intense, it looks yellowish in the presence of light because it's emitting its glow constantly.
    Glow-On colors:
    9/10- Yellow,Green, Aqua.
    8/10- Orange.
    7/10- Red and blue. The red is more of a reddish orange.

Glow-On colors have a specific day light color and that lowers the glow by a degree because they filter such color from the daylight spectrum.
    So there is a compromise which is not a bad thing, every intelligent decision involves compromise.

I would recommend Glow-Original if the glow is the most important factor involved.
    For a good balance between color and glow: Yellow and green are favorites.

In any case for some reason, the blue keeps flying off the shelves constantly and it's very popular as well as aqua.

Keep in mind red is not a "firetruck red" is more of a deep orange and the glow is a bit strange, like green.

one%20chart.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Available colors for gun sights for better target acquisition

Here is a reminder of the several combinations with which Glow-On can be purchased.

We found purple is not bright enough for gun sights so it's no longer available
    nonono.gif

If one wants to use two colors to paint front and rear sights, the brightest color should be applied to the front sight which is were our eyesight will concentrate.

Every vial has a small dot of paint on the top to better evaluate the products possibilities. The dot is made exactly from the same paint inside the vial. Please stir before use.

One can see how thick the application should be by looking at this small dot.

gun_sights_paint_colors_2012-09-07.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Can I paint the handle of my knife with this glow paint???

Glow-On is more effective for "spot on" small jobs. Small marks like watch markers, compass markers, gun sights, fishing lures etc. are thing this product is created for.

gun_sights_paint_2012-09-09a.png

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Before we do anything to our firearm do a safety check for our life.

The most most important step before one starts a Glow-On application, or, are you planning to do some work on a firearm, however small that job should be, We do a safety check on that firearm.

For our family, for our life, for our friends, for our cause, for whatever we hold dear
    amerflag.gif

While we don't pretend to experts on every firearm, we do care about gun safety. And by that we don't mean the safety lever on that gun.
    Every weapon might has a different procedure but in the end the result has to be the same: No ammo in the gun and no ammo in the room. PERIOD.
    We read the owner's manual that came with our weapon when you bought it, if we don't have one, we contact the manufacturer.

An empty chamber can can't accidentally fire a round and the ammunition outside the room will find it very difficult to go back inside that firearm we are working on.
    If we need a round in it, we use a dummy round, saving $10.00 on some fake rounds is not worth one's life.
    We do a safety check several times a day, every time we grab a firearm, every time we hand a firearm to a friend, every time we put that firearm into the safety. It makes us look good, like we know something, and it will add more days to our life.

The first part of the following video explains some of it.

Be safe, live long
    biglaugh.gif

gatopardo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    Oklahoma city
    Gun sights paint, how much do I need?

Used 2 Drops Didn't Need Such A Large Bottle Maybe Use As Halloween Nail Polish!

Buy what you need
    wavey.gif
    , if you need more come back and get it. We are going to be at the market stall for awhile.
    dancing_banana.gif

For most gun sight need a small vial will do. fishing lures will take a lot more.

We test constantly against every other similar product often and we guarantee you're getting the brightest goo available.
    Please use the contact for in our website for comments and questions

Thanks for your support
    notworthy.gif

gun_sights_paint_2012-09-19.png

Top Bottom