• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nockrifle

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Stephenville
    Is the Glock spade the most advanced out there? I always thought somebody should make a collapsible shovel out of titanium(weight, don't you know), but I haven't seen it happen yet.
    Venture Surplus ad

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    How about a Chinese Wonder Shovel?

YouTube - Chinese shovel-who needs swiss army knife

But in all seriousness, the ones to stay away from are Cold Steel and Gerber. US issued ones are okay, but they break after a while, and they are as about rugged as the Glock NATO Sytle. The smaller Glock Gorge E Tool with only one pivot point, telesopic stock is pretty reliable from what I have read. The WWII GI style E-tool and East German E-tool is pretty good too, just heavier.

So when looking for an E Tool, avoid the NATO multiple hinge types, they won't last as long as the single hinge.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I've got a 1968 US entrenching tool. It's robust and has buried many a turd in the forest, put out many camp fires and occasionally becomes the tool to kill catfish before skinning takes place.

Deviantsaint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Austin
    I had the cold steel shovel. It looks neat but it's not real good for actual use. for efficient digging you need to be able to angle that shovel/spade head at a 90 degree angle from the handle. That way you can chop down into the dirt better than trying to use it like a short shovel. the cold steel can't do that. I myself and thinking of picking up an old german e-tool but it's not a real high priority right now.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I have had very good luck with my cold steel shovel. As for chopping I turn the blade th the side and chop like an axe.
    It's an awsome tool for digging and chops like a machete or hatchet. In a pinch you can hammer nails using the round part where the shovel attaches to the handle.

Top Bottom