• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Hard to believe they didn't learn from bud light fiasco. I could say they should have done some due diligence, but how about just avoiding people with mental problems to rep your brand? No more cool ranch doritos...

That's not enough you have to try to avoid everything PepsiCo makes or owns.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I stopped buying chips due to shrinkflation. Crackers, too.

6 oz of flour shouldn't cost $4.89

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You gotta be ballin' to buy name brand products these days.

HEB chips, HEB or Hill County Fare cheeses, HEB bread (deli bread if we want good stuff), HEB sodas and sparkling waters (I've made the transition from soda, to sweetened sparkling water, to unsweetened flavored sparkling water)
    Or you just wean you & the family off what is JUNK FOOD in favor of some thing healthier, pop corn comes to mind.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Or you just wean you & the family off what is JUNK FOOD in favor of some thing healthier, pop corn comes to mind.

Baby steps. Kid eats a lot of pop corn now as is. Wife eats pressed instant mashed potato powder aka HED Baked Lays knock offs. I'll still eat tortilla chips, but usually go for chicaronnes as a crispy snack since they're healthier than any cracker or chip. Sometimes I just want the junk tho, and we'll get a bag of the doritos knock offs.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

This is where a Hobson's choice must be made

Do you go with HEB and save some cash, and support Texan companies - do you go pay more (sometimes a LOT more) at say, Brookshire Brothers to do the same, or do you go give your money to the Waltons, or to Kroger or Albertsons/Safeway if you have one in your area?

If WINCO ever opened a store near us, we'd go there as they have good prices on most stuff and its employee owned but the closest ones to us are in the Dallas area.

I don't think there are many / any conservative or even just neutral grocers left. They're all run by lefties. At least they still sell meat, and haven't jumped on the ban-meat band wagon and push that nasty plant and chemical shit on us.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If WINCO ever opened a store near us, we'd go there as they have good prices on most stuff and its employee owned but the closest ones to us are in the Dallas area.
    Boy, howdy, if they ever did, HEB would have to take a close look at their pricing, for sure. When WinCo came to Spokane before we left, the first thing they did is put together a full page ad with a typical shopping list, showing the total cost for Albertsons, Safeway, and the local Rosauers chain vs WinCo. Pretty convincing for sure.

We like HEB for their selection and quality, but the prices were a sticker shock for us, as we were WinCo regulars in WA.

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    The HEB brands are pretty good, but they also sell El Patio chips from one of Austin’s best ever Mexican restaurants. They are just like the ones served in the restaurant, but pricey. Still saving money because we’re not in Austin anymore and eating at El Patio every week. One of the few things I miss about Austin.

Top Bottom