• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You don't realize until AFTER you've left the establishment that the cashier\waiter has under charged you.
    Do you pocket the difference?
    Target Sports

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If i left a nice tip, (i usually do) i let them take it out of that. if they grossly undercharged me, like just for drinks or whatever, then it really comes down to how busy i am.

though honeslty i dont think they even notice half the time.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If I notice it, I return and make it right. Period. Have done so before. To do less is theft in my "book". I realize few will feel the same way, but I tend to operate under a pretty rigid set of "life rules" - and ultimately, I'm going to face a judge that isn't gonna care what my BS excuses might be.
    It's up to each of us to determine what's "right" or "wrong" I guess - but to me the old saw of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." comes into play here - put yourself in their shoes and ask how you'd feel. I've had business owners look at me in disbelief when I came in to pay them for an oversight, and often they tell me not to worry about it - but it's THEIR call because it's THEIR money.
    Character REALLY does come into play in situations such as this - because ultimately, you're going to judge yourself. This is truly one of those "tree falling in an empty forest" moments, and every time we take the high road with our decisions, we make ourselves stronger and better.
    Sheesh....lemme get off this soapbox....

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    It's up to each of us to determine what's "right" or "wrong" I guess - but to me the old saw of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." comes into play here - put yourself in their shoes and ask how you'd feel.
    .........snip........
    Character REALLY does come into play in situations such as this - because ultimately, you're going to judge yourself. This is truly one of those "tree falling in an empty forest" moments, and every time we take the high road with our decisions, we make ourselves stronger and better.
    This is how I feel as well.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Undercharged me, I probably wouldnt say anything if I had already left and then noticed it. I'll give money back if they gave me too much back, done that a few times.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I would pay. About a year ago I went to Helotes Lube N tune and got an oil change and inspection done. When I got home I looked at the receipt and saw that they forgot to charge me for the inspection, my wife was getting off work right after that so, i asked her to stop by and pay them for the inspection. Just the right thing to do...

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You don't realize until AFTER you've left the establishment that the cashier\waiter has under charged you.
    Do you pocket the difference?
    99% of the time I make it right, if they didn't totaly screw up my day. Then there's that 1% that don't deserve what they did get out of me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I actually had a waitress chase me down outside a restaurant in Austin one day because I didn't leave her a tip. I calmly reminded her that it took 30 minutes to get waited on, 45 minutes to get the food - and I NEVER received a drink refill OR a return visit to check on us until the check was delivered. She busted out with some profanity directed AT me....at that point I went back inside, found the manager, and explained what had happened. The poor manager was totally flabbergasted and immediately offered to comp the meal by refunding the entire amount. I thanked her, told her that wasn't necessary - but that I didn't think the young lady in question needed to be waiting tables.
    That's one of the very few times I've actually confronted a place over bad service, but I *will* do it if it's bad enough. I refuse any offer of compensation, because I'm *not* trying to get a free meal out of it, but rather trying to alert a place to issues that I perceive are bad enough to need prompt attention.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    If I notice it, I return and make it right. Period. Have done so before. To do less is theft in my "book". I realize few will feel the same way, but I tend to operate under a pretty rigid set of "life rules" - and ultimately, I'm going to face a judge that isn't gonna care what my BS excuses might be.
    It's up to each of us to determine what's "right" or "wrong" I guess - but to me the old saw of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." comes into play here - put yourself in their shoes and ask how you'd feel. I've had business owners look at me in disbelief when I came in to pay them for an oversight, and often they tell me not to worry about it - but it's THEIR call because it's THEIR money.
    Sheesh....lemme get off this soapbox....

Absolutely!!!

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Great story, TexasRedneck :D

Since undercharging would usually come out of the staff's pocket, and knowing how little those jobs actually pay (plus knowing that the IRfukinS likes to "tell" them how much they got tipped by figuring a percentage off the gross receipts), I would return and correct the difference.

Not that I've ever been chased down and refunded overpayment...and have occasionally had to chase down the help and get them to GIVE me my change back (ah, sonny boy, if I have a $32 bill due and give you a $100, that extra $68 is NOT yours to keep unless I leave it on the table on my way out the door...)

Alex

Top Bottom