• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Shit, if you can't find a gun show in Houston, you don't need to be going, anyway.
    It's not like they are at obscure venues, and nobody has map skills.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Meh, I couldn't care less. There are still huge billboards everywhere you look, and it's not like it's otherwise impossible to find out about gun shows. Ask your friend. Ask your neighbor. Hell, ask the chef at your local Chinese take-out restaurant.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I'm not surprised though... If I didn't waste my vote on George Strait for president, maybe Houston wouldn't officially be a Democratic city. But then again, major metropolitan areas usually are...

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I've fought my wife on this for years....I don't think I'd be happy living in the city limits. She wants to move into town, and I'd rather move farther out.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I always liked seeing the signs only because I knew you wouldn't see that in Cali/Illinois/New York. I never went to a gun show but admired the sign. Sad to see it go.

I've fought my wife on this for years....

Give 'er the old left-right!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I view it as another case of governments, schools, and corporations treating firearms like the plague. I believe these moves influence people to view them the same.
    If TxDoT provides this kind of traffic signage for other events, then they should not discriminate against firearms related events.
    So, I wrote them and asked them to do the same.

Remember folks. Every time some government or corporation demonizes guns, we should be screaming. They should feel like they aren't being PC when they do it.

Here is the page to drop them a quick note if you care enough. I did.

Contact Us

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Copy of what I've just sent to TXDOT - thanks for the link!!!

To whom it may concern:
    I note that TXDOT has said it will no longer use the directional signs for gun shows.....as a taxpayer, I find this VERY prejudicial! IMO, if the sign would otherwise be used for guidance to an event, it should also be so used for gun shows.
    Gun shows are perfectly legal, and as a couple, my wife and I BOTH enjoy going to them. We primarily attend the ones in San Antonio, but have travelled to Houston on several occassions to attend gun shows, and have always found these signs to be invaluable in helping us get to our destination safely.
    I would hope that TXDOT would promptly reverse this decision, rather than wait for us to start contacting our state legislators about your boycotting directional information about a perfectly legal event.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Copy of what I've just sent to TXDOT - thanks for the link!!!

And mine ...

Alerting the driving public about events helps drivers get to their destination in a timely and safe manner and also informs non-attendees on potential traffic snarls. As a taxpayer, I want to know either how to get to a venue or how to avoid traffic problems. By imposing a misguided sense of logic, TxDOT has wasted my tax dollars. Please reconsider this ridiculous action.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I looked at their complaint guidelines and decided that yes, I was complaining and wanted action taken to correct my problem(put the signs back.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I always liked seeing the signs only because I knew you wouldn't see that in Cali/Illinois/New York. I never went to a gun show but admired the sign. Sad to see it go.

Give 'er the old left-right!

This is how I feel. Yeah I know where the gun show is, but the fact that TxDOT, the Texas Department of Transportation, aka our state government is giving in to the unrealistic fear mongering by the anti gun gang, it is not very encouraging.

Top Bottom