• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    They changed their decision, it says they will continue using the signs for texas gun shows. Maybe they received alot of complaints about that.

TxDOT signs to keep giving directions to gun shows

They sure as hell received one from me. Gun show signs scare little kids? Then it's time for you to teach your child about what's real and what's not real in this world. Gun show signs scare you? You're a libtard and don't belong in Texas anyway. Period!

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Guys chill out and take this as a compliment. When they say no signs they mean that every one should know the way by heart and should not ask for direction and look stupid "everyone knows the directions to gun shows" . If you ask for direction you ain't from around here. lol

JoeB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Grapevine
    Here is the response I got today...

Thank you for using our website. We appreciate your position and concern.

TxDOT’s priority is the safety of all drivers on our state’s roadways. We use dynamic message boards to help direct traffic when there’s an accident, and at large events to keep the traveling public safe.

We will continue to use message boards to direct traffic and protect the public at any event meeting our established criteria.

The decision to suspend the use of these signs for similar future events in Houston was made in error, and has since been rescinded.

Safety of all drivers is our priority and we will continue to use these message boards to direct traffic and protect the public at any event meeting our established criteria.

Thank you,

Texas Department of Transportation

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    This is really starting to piss me off. THEY ARE COMING AT US FROM ALL ANGLES! Next generation, more people will be against guns and authority figures won't over ride such stupid things like this. If something isn't done soon, my children will be disarmed.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    MBA...

The kind of things we did here will help, but I think there is something far more important that we each need to do.....
    Teach your kids AND OTHER KIDS the joy of safely shooting is probably the most important thing we can do in my opinion.

But I agree - we seem to be moving in the wrong direction.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    MBA...

The kind of things we did here will help, but I think there is something far more important that we each need to do.....
    Teach your kids AND OTHER KIDS the joy of safely shooting is probably the most important thing we can do in my opinion.

But I agree - we seem to be moving in the wrong direction.

My 9 year old shoots, safely, and loves it. My 2 year old will be soon. My niece and nef will be soon as well. Since I became a gun owner early last year, both of my brothers have as well and my uncle and father soon to follow. I am constantly reminding EVERYONE around me why our second amendment is so important. I don't think that is nearly enough on all of our parts though. I think anything short of force and prosecuting people who try and demolish our constitution, will not accomplish anything. Regardless of what we do, I believe only 1 of two things is possible. Either we WILL be disarmed, or there will be civil unrest and possibly civil war in attempts to prevent that. I think we have crossed the line from peaceful resolution.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The reply I received today:

Thank you for your feedback.

Our priority is the safety of all drivers on our state’s roadways. We use these dynamic message boards to help us direct traffic when there’s an accident and at large events to keep the public safe. We will continue to use these message boards, like we did at this event and at similar events, to direct traffic and protect the public at any event meeting our established criteria.

Danny Perez
    Public Information Officer
    TxDOT - Houston District
    Danny.Perez@txdot.gov
    Office: (713) 802-5077
    Cell: (281) 686-0977

Follow us on twitter @txdothoustonpio
    Watch us @ Texas Department of Transportation - YouTube

Top Bottom