• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    afib ablation, carotid repair, leg stent, another carotid explore but no stent needed. Mostly painless and rapid recovery. Heart did stop during leg stent and got a PM. Actually woke during the operation, doc was ordering blood. Guess I got some good docs.
    I would need more info but that sounds f'd up imo. Your heart stopped during a peripheral intervention that required a permanent pacemaker AND a transfusion!? None of those things go together. Again, I'm only going on the few sentences you posted but that does not make sense.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Follow up question, how many of y'all with stints are on statins long term?
    I had my stent done 15 years ago and I started statins 12 years prior to the stent.

I think most people I know are on statins though I've read some news questioning the actual positive results reported by being on statins.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Horror story:

Early stents did have some problems due to materials and coatings. 30yrs later, I think they got it figured out. (maybe)

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Horror story:

Early stents did have some problems due to materials and coatings. 30yrs later, I think they got it figured out. (maybe)
    I would not call it a horror story. It was the technology of the day. Current drug coated stents are very effective. The first drug coated stent came out ~ 1998 iirc. That was the game changer.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I would not call it a horror story. It was the technology of the day. Current drug coated stents are very effective. The first drug coated stent came out ~ 1998 iirc. That was the game changer.
    <>

I did lots of non-coronary vascular work. Moat stents i used were for kidneys, legs, & a few for brains. Atherosclerosis is a systemic problem; most with significant stenoses have lesions in other organ systems, and many die of lesions elsewhere before the stents have a chance to fail, so for them it is a non-issue.

Re-do’s are always difficult.

leVieux

<>

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    <>

I did lots of non-coronary vascular work. Moat stents i used were for kidneys, legs, & a few for brains. Atherosclerosis is a systemic problem; most with significant stenoses have lesions in other organ systems, and many die of lesions elsewhere before the stents have a chance to fail, so for them it is a non-issue.

Re-do’s are always difficult.

leVieux

<>
    In stent restenosis in a pop, renal etc isn't going to kill you. You could say that the other disease processes that effect peripheral vascular disease contribute to morbidity but that is a whole other discussion. ISR in a proximal LAD could kill you if you are not near medical care. It can be a systemic problem but the most critical is coronary. Coronary stenting has the highest success rates. Vascular stents are not as successful as coronary. We have not figured that out yet. I apologize if my thoughts are a little jumbled. I'm into the vodak.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Almost all of my sister's work has been done at Texas Heart at St. Luke's. Her initial surgeon was Denton Cooley. Her cardiologist is John Seger, who performed her ablation and most of her angiograms. Despite the fact that his practice is now mostly as an electrophysiologist, he still retains 4 or 5 long term patients for whom he serves as a cardiologist.

Does that seem like we've sought the very best care? I tend to think so.
    <>

Yes, of course.

Denton was always in the top 2 or 3 in the World, but their. pre- & post-procedure units save many.

As for “Baylor”, there are some 4 or 5 different institutions sharing that name. This confuses many, who go to Baylor Hospital in Dallas, thinking they are at Baylor College of Medicine.

Having spent lots of time at both Baylor Med & Harvard/Mass General, I. much prefer Baylor Med. for almost everything.

The ‘Baylor University Medical Center Hospital” actually is not part of Baylor U. nor Baylor Med, despite its name.

Be careful about “medical advertisements”, virtually all are B-S.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    In stent restenosis in a pop, renal etc isn't going to kill you. You could say that the other disease processes that effect peripheral vascular disease contribute to morbidity but that is a whole other discussion. ISR in a proximal LAD could kill you if you are not near medical care. It can be a systemic problem but the most critical is coronary. Coronary stenting has the highest success rates. Vascular stents are not as successful as coronary. We have not figured that out yet. I apologize if my thoughts are a little jumbled. I'm into the vodak.
    <>

Yes, I’m sure.

My career was in Neuroradiology and its child, Interventional Radiology.

The cardiac/coronary artery things were separated out very, very early.

I have very little heart experience, especially since 1977.

<>

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    <>

Yes, I’m sure.

My career was in Neuroradiology and its child, Interventional Radiology.

The cardiac/coronary artery things were separated out very, very early.

I have very little heart experience, especially since 1977.

<>
    In the lab were I started we worked with Interventional radiologists. One was a neuro guy. That was in the late 90's

Top Bottom