• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Saw a couple hit a deer like that ... well saw aftermath.

Was going down the highway after midnight and there was a deer standing in the middle lane of a 4 lane undivided highway. I was in the middle lane ... luckily it was in the other side middle lane for me. I hit the brakes and moved to the outer lane and passed it. It didn't move. 1/4 mile down the road I see an oncoming car. I flashed my lights and hit the horn but they ignored it. They never even hit their brakes. Plowed into it doing at least 70mph. If not closer to 80mph. I watched it all in the rear view mirror. Turned around when it was safe. They were driving a early 2000s Ford Explorer. The entire front end was crushed in up until the tires. Both airbags deployed. Even had a baby inside ... LUCKILY that child was in it's car seat. I stayed with them until after DPS and Sheriff's Dept. came out. The lady was driving and really shaken up. If not to make matters worse, I was trying to let people be known about the deer which was still in the middle of the road. They apparently were too in their own worlds. I don't know HOW many people hit that deer again. I finally got out there and drug it off the road by the antlers. When DPS came on the scene (after the Sheriff) he asked all the same questions that the Sheriff did, but he kept asking them over and over. I swear it was like he was trying to get me to change my story. Kept asking why I drug it off the road ... well DUH because people kept hitting it!

I'll never forget watching the flying bits of deer rain down as I stood on the other side of the truck to avoid getting hit when the idiots wouldn't slow down.

Karma's a though ... one of the ones that didn't slow down had their tire sliced open and had to change it a little bit down the road.

Top Bottom