Hurley's Gold

Ex President George H. W. Bush shaves head to show support..........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    When I was in Cub Scouts we wrote a letter to the President, which was him at the time. I still have the reply. Even though Im 99% sure he didnt see my letter, its cool that "he" wrote back. The White House stationary is pretty dang neat. They also sent a photo of him.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I can't remember where I saw it, but quite a while back I read an extended bit about how each president has regarded and treated those around him, through the eyes of their Secret Service detail. It goes pretty much how you'd expect. Both Bushes treated every staffer, down to the most "menial" of task, as family. Bill had folks running interference, both for politics and personal reasons. Hillary was downright mean and disrespectful, often screaming at folks. Michelle is reported as being pretty racially charged.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I can't remember where I saw it, but quite a while back I read an extended bit about how each president has regarded and treated those around him, through the eyes of their Secret Service detail. It goes pretty much how you'd expect. Both Bushes treated every staffer, down to the most "menial" of task, as family. Bill had folks running interference, both for politics and personal reasons. Hillary was downright mean and disrespectful, often screaming at folks. Michelle is reported as being pretty racially charged.
    snopes.com: Secret Service Opinions of Clintons

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    From what you can see from other sources, it seems to make sense the story could be true. Just in the last week or two, Dubya was on TV somewhere (Africa maybe?) painting the walls of a school or something. Not walking around with a media circus shaking the hands of painters, but humbly putting brush to wall. He wasn't the dressed up, makeup applied politician doing a TV op. He was a guy painting a building. Where I used to work in the Galleria area of Houston, pretty close to H.W. Bush's home, it wasn't uncommon for folks I worked with to run into Barbara at Whole Foods, Borders, etc. Everyone loved seeing her and came back talking about her. I unfortunately never got the chance.

Top Bottom