• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Considering they're rampant with censorship. An extension of a pure propaganda service as you post pictures of your family and kids for literally millions to see. Read all about what they got for their birthday. Complete record of your phone's travel......and crazy social experiments.

Facebook is crap. Better places to barter for firearms anyhow.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I didn't even know you could advertise or sell personal firearms on Facebook. I thought it was like eBay.
    MEH, I don't really care. I see Facebook once every few weeks because a family member posts some they insist I see.

bob

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    There are(were) local groups for posting and selling guns. Never actually saw a good deal posted on them, but this still sucks. A lot of pro-2A and liberty information gets disseminated through Facebook. It would suck to loose it as a form of communication.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    What is this Facebook you are speaking of? It sounds like a gay dating website.( not that there's anything wrong with that)

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Bunch of old timers lol. I get why y'all hate facebook, but it is a part of my generation so I have a page mostly to talk to chicks and buy, sell, trade guns. Nobody can see it except who I choose, so the posting for millions to see thing is not really true.

As far as the banning thing goes. Dan nailed it. Never really any good deals, so I won't miss it. Now if Facebook starts banning pretty single women......

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've never been a fan of Facebook either, but recently I started using it to connect with other folks with the same interests and organizing events. It's really useful for that stuff. If there's a better tool out there to do that I'd love to know.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've never been a fan of Facebook either, but recently I started using it to connect with other folks with the same interests and organizing events. It's really useful for that stuff. If there's a better tool out there to do that I'd love to know.

Very good point and so was your last. There is no doubt that Facebook is the most popular website for "spreading the word". It will suck, because that is another way I connect with people who have similar interests and hear about local events.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Facebook is becoming a major player in many areas, including politics. Social media is becoming one of the biggest outlets for politicians and was a big part of getting Obama elected.

Best part (or worst) is there is nobody to fact check anything.

Facebook is nothing more than another facet of social media, kinda like TGT. Social media has its uses. And like anything else, can be used in a productive manner, or an incredibly stupid manner.

As far as the gun sales. I'm on the local gun trader page. I think all of my posts have been steering people clear of crap deals or pointing out that an ad has been worded in a way to mislead the buyer. Seen a few ok deals, fair but not steals. Mostly people trying to sell their AR at the panic price they paid for it. Still, I'm not happy to see it go away. Just another way to make it appear gunz R 2 evul 2 C N piblik

Sent from my HAL 9000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Facebook is becoming a major player in many areas, including politics. Social media is becoming one of the biggest outlets for politicians and was a big part of getting Obama elected.

Best part (or worst) is there is nobody to fact check anything.

Facebook is nothing more than another facet of social media, kinda like TGT. Social media has its uses. And like anything else, can be used in a productive manner, or an incredibly stupid manner.

As far as the gun sales. I'm on the local gun trader page. I think all of my posts have been steering people clear of crap deals or pointing out that an ad has been worded in a way to mislead the buyer. Seen a few ok deals, fair but not steals. Mostly people trying to sell their AR at the panic price they paid for it. Still, I'm not happy to see it go away. Just another way to make it appear gunz R 2 evul 2 C N piblik

Sent from my HAL 9000

Plus one.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    FB is building a data site north of Ft Worth. Don't get your hopes up thinking that an American Citizen will get a job there. Zuckerhead has continually pushed for his Senators to increase the number of H1B visas for him.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I have more fun talking guns on the Facebook groups than I do on here.

4d6afd6e13d8c0e89bc322d496dbbf30.jpg

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Don't get your hopes up thinking that an American Citizen will get a job there. Zuckerhead has continually pushed for his Senators to increase the number of H1B visas for him.
    Yeah it's funny how those are being used to bring in hordes of programmers and tech support. Instead of outsourcing for cheap labor, they are importing the cheap labor. This will fade away in a few years just like the outsourcing phenomenon did, but the damage is already done. Oh, workers coming in on H1B visas can bring their spouse, too. New citizen factories :laughing:

Top Bottom