• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I'm guessing its the same stuff we buy. We love it. Prepackaged, marinated, fajita meat. Literally open and throw on grill. I've cooked this HEB Fajita mix dozens of times. Never been disappointed.

But I like your recipe Pete.

The pre marinated stuff from HEB always smelled like they were marinated in Italian Salad Dressing so I tried that and it works well. I marinate the tenderized skirt steak from HEB overnight in Zesty Italian Dressing and add some Fiesta brand fajita rub because I like the flavor. Just before I grill I use some more of the rub. It comes out pretty tender so long as you cut across the grain.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The pre marinated stuff from HEB always smelled like they were marinated in Italian Salad Dressing so I tried that and it works well. I marinate the tenderized skirt steak from HEB overnight in Zesty Italian Dressing and add some Fiesta brand fajita rub because I like the flavor. Just before I grill I use some more of the rub. It comes out pretty tender so long as you cut across the grain.

Well, by the time you add half the ingredients I use for my marinade to the canola oil, you pretty much have Italian Dressing. LOL

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I'm gonna try the Dillo Dust I got from La Rue tactical.

In a marinade or as a dry rub? Be forewarned that it has a lot of sugar, which, depending on your tastes, might not be the best thing for beef if used as a rub. I use it exclusively on pork (ribs and chops), and love it.

Top Bottom