• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I love how the NRA called them out on the ad. Good on them. Serves them right for trying to sneak gun control into a "2A promotional." Bastards.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Well, I hate to sound a bit like Hillary (vis-a-vis Benghazi)...but does all this really matter anymore??? Gun control has essentially already been effected. Despite Senate hearings re: the amount of ammunition that federal agencies have amassed & the Homeland Security Chief acknowledging that it was know that such massive purchases would effect the civilian market...HS & other federal agencies are in the process of placing orders for another 1.5 Billion rounds of ammunition. Factories are running at full capacity, and government contracts will keep them that way for the next 5 years. Only small amounts of ammunition will trickle through to the civilian market.

BHO is banning the import of ammunition & firearms parts. I saw another thread where a Senator is proposing a ban/restrictions on re-loading. When Obamacare starts up...a routine question in medical offices will be whether one has firearms in the home & what are the serial numbers (failure to provide which will result in being dropped from the program).

Again, does it really matter....Gun Control has been effected, and gun registration appears inevitable. I'm thinking that it appears we've already lost the fight.

Never lose heart! We may lose a battle now and then but we haven't lost the war. A good example of this is what happened in Canada. A little over a decade ago, the federal government of Canada instituted a registry for ALL firearms. Canadian gun owner's fought it long and hard but lost despite accurate claims that the registry would be a waste of time and money. Well, they were proven right and the Gun registry was recently dismantled. One of the political parties fighting this useless registration was the Reform Party, which was Canada's version of the TEA Party. The Reform party slowly grew in power as their common sense ideas took hold in the population at large and they went from a small party, scoffed at by the political elites, to the Official Opposition, to finally melding with the Progressive Conservative Party and the two political parties became the new Conservative Party which runs Canada today and their leader, Stephen Harper is a good, solid Conservative. Lord, I never thought I'd see the day when Canada would be more Conservative than the U.S. but thanks to Obama and a lick-spittle press, Canada truly is. In fact, Stephen Harper's political roots are with the old Reform Party. So, what does this mean for the U.S.? It means NEVER GIVE UP! We can and will win. There will be many more dark days for our country but they will pass...people, even the most besotted Obama supporters will eventually have to admit what an utter failure he has been as president and the pendulum will once again swing our way. If it can happen in Canada, it can happen here!

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I didn't even realize there was such a defeatist post till I saw your response. A perfect example of the weak links in our defense that play a critical part in liberal victories. Thanks for the gun control, terry!

Barry Green

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    The complete drought on 22lr proves this shortage is our doing, not the government's.
    Brilliant! Hadn't thought of that angle.

The whole thing reminds me of how you can be cruising along on the freeway at 65, and then all of a sudden you're at 20mph, and you crawl along for a half a mile, and then the logjam opens up and you look around and ... there was NO REASON for it. Just a case of rubberneckers gawking at something across the street or whatever, but someone slowed down, so the guy behind him had to slow down, so everyone had to slow down, and we all end up crawling and slogging through it for no reason at all...

It is definitely getting somewhat better. Follow gunbot.net and you'll see that pretty much every day, some seller or other is getting in 7-cent .22lR or 40-cent .45. It still disappears rapidly, but at least it's showing up. And as soon as people get used to the idea that the product is still flowing, they may eventually feel less immediate need to panic-buy, and when people stop panic-buying, supplies will normalize. It's a self-inflicted situation we're in, but it will normalize at some point.

Top Bottom