• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Man - I haven't ever even seen one. Other people around here say their yard is covered with them. They are exactly why I got my pellet gun scope sighted in a few weeks ago.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    We'll be out this evening and all of tomorrow.

Really looking forward to Monday!

ehy3ehy3.jpg

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Where did you get that app? I use Mossy Oak hunting app.

It's on the App Store. Called iSolunar Pro.

There's a free version but the paid pro version adds a weather module that's pretty awesome.

Oh, and all info is location specific.

I already posted the chart for my place on Monday. Here's the monday chart for Vaquero's place:

pydysadu.jpg

My weather for tomorrow:

puju5are.jpg

Radar (too bad it doesn't show the birds).

9ezyje3y.jpg

And lightning. Currently the closest lightning is over 370 miles from me. When lightning is within a 50 mile radius from me the strikes actually show up on the radar screen in almost real time.

agy9aqyz.jpg

Not a bad little app.

There are other features like trophy room where you can save pics from hunts at different saved locations. Ability to mark blinds, stands, feeders, mineral blocks, etc... on the satellite map and a couple of others I rarely use like ability to see exactly where others in your hunting party are in real time who are running the same app.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Weren't flying too good this evening. Shot 8 then went dumbass hunting and busted these guys:

egaregu5.jpg

e4ugatap.jpg

6y9egy4e.jpg

Observed them for a while then sent all their information along with GPS location, pics of cut fence and a video of their activity to the game warden.

Then took my daughter and some of her friends predator hunting. Didn't see anything but they sure had fun with their imaginations. Right up to the point the woods came alive around them after a few wounded rabbit calls.

No moon, no flashlights. Just the stars and our natural night vision (that most of them had no idea they had till the lights were off long enough for them to adjust.

Good times. Got in well after midnight. Hit the showers and crashed.

Get to sleep in tomorrow because there won't be anything moving early. Got a buddy meeting me in my driveway at 8:30 so we can be in place and ready to go once the major period starts.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Did the game warden bust them?

Very long story.

May just make a new thread on it when I get enough time to properly tell the (ongoing) story but to answer your question in short; yes. Those two guys along with a third who fled before I could get a pic of his plate (already expected that might happen so I had a buddy posted at the exit of the "road" they were using who got his plate # as he drove by) are busted. Took me a bit to properly gather and prepare all of their info to turn over to the Game Warden outside of what I had sent him on the spot but it's all good and I can add 3 more assholes to my bag count.

I can't give specifics at this moment but I can say this whole trespasser/poacher thing has turned into something much larger than I ever expected it would and it's gotten a lot more people involved and the attention of some pretty influential people in my county and in Austin.

Organization and communication is key.

That Brent Whitsell asshole is feeling the repercussions but what he doesn't realize is he struck the match that lit the flame that's going to burn all of their houses down.

I don't care how long you've gotten away with being a thieving asshole, eventually you're going to f'k with the wrong guy.

Brent Whitsell f'kd with the wrong guy.

And all of Fannin County is going to benefit from it.

Details later.

Psychomedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Rosenberg
    4yqurabe.jpg

Had the offspring out with me yesterday afternoon. All of our rain down here scattered my birds. Hopefully when the farmers finally can come get their cotton they will come again. Put 6 in the bag...and my old timer couldn't find the other one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    4yqurabe.jpg

Had the offspring out with me yesterday afternoon. All of our rain down here scattered my birds. Hopefully when the farmers finally can come get their cotton they will come again. Put 6 in the bag...and my old timer couldn't find the other one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Great pic! This is what it's all about.

I wish I'd taken more 'in the field' pics of my daughter when she was that age but I guess I was too busy making sure she didn't shoot herself (or me).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom