• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Terrible tragedy with 5 young kids being killed. Too bad they weren't spotted by a LEO and pulled over before this happened. And no, that wasn't attempt to bash any law enforcement officer. They were traveling from Marshall to the water park past Canton and had a blowout. Envoy had seat belts for 7.
    Lynx Defense

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Very sad. I have some strong opinions on this but in respect of the 5 innocent children who lost their lives.....I will hold my tongue.

We're in the same boat. Holding my tongue out of respect for the dead. I read that the driver was being charged with 5 counts of criminally negligent homocide.

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    Out of respect for the little ones who lost their life's... I won't hold my tongue. The driver should feel the full wrath of the law come down on them for this. Children cannot protect themselves and the driver is solely responsible for their deaths. When I was a LEO I cut a lot of breaks to a lot of people, but I never cut anyone a break when their actions either did or could have endangered a child.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    From a physics standpoint that was probably an extra 1500 pounds extra that the vehicle was not designed to be able to handle an evasive maneuver. Just a little swerve left or right and the inertial mass energy seems exponential. Would not even take a flat tire. Could have been debris or animal in road and a normal steering maneuver could have done the same thing.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Out of respect for the little ones who lost their life's... I won't hold my tongue. The driver should feel the full wrath of the law come down on them for this. Children cannot protect themselves and the driver is solely responsible for their deaths. When I was a LEO I cut a lot of breaks to a lot of people, but I never cut anyone a break when their actions either did or could have endangered a child.

Not in my opinion, the parents of those kids too are morally responsible too, they saw no problem putting them in an overloaded car with no seat belts child seats.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Not in my opinion, the parents of those kids too are morally responsible too, they saw no problem putting them in an overloaded car with no seat belts child seats.

I agree with you Though they may not have known, they ought to screen who they are sending their kids with. I can't imagine the guilt they are feeling. Even the ones who don't feel guilty will be transferring all of their guilt onto some other party (preferably with deep pockets).

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I agree with you Though they may not have known, they ought to screen who they are sending their kids with. I can't imagine the guilt they are feeling. Even the ones who don't feel guilty will be transferring all of their guilt onto some other party (preferably with deep pockets).

Both mothers were in the SUV. Should be charged with child endangerment.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I can only imagine the "horror" the area must of looked like...especially with so many unbuckled...

He said it was very hard to maintain his composure. When you get to an incident scene where kids are involved it changes the game drastically for first responders.

Top Bottom